Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: All Good Things

  1. #1
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,187
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 620 Times in 404 Posts

    All Good Things

    Well, doing the last deep clean on the G4, putting her up for sale. I bit the bullet and bought a 2022 LEAF (got a good deal) and trying the electric life. Hey, even Mitsubish plans on all electric or hybrid by 2035, so trying to learn the EV life. Had a double bypass last December, 95% blocked in the widowmaker, so I've got a new lease on life and trying to do everything I want to do while above ground.

    G4 has 82k on odometer, regular oil change and 5 speed, weathertech mats in front, and upgraded to the SE stereo. I'm throwing in the spare clutch cable I bought for just-in-case. I've listed her at $6500, but if someone can prove they're a member of this site I'll take $5800. I know they're good people on here that know and appreciate the car.

    Otherwise, I'm spending more time lurking at mynissanleaf. I appreciate all the great advice on here over the years and the laughter at Fummins and Dirk's joie de vevre!


    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 05-14-2023 at 02:41 AM.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

    Dirk Diggler (05-16-2023),Fummins (05-14-2023),mohammad (05-14-2023),Top_Fuel (05-14-2023)

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Well, doing the last deep clean on the G4, putting her up for sale. I bit the bullet and bought a 2022 LEAF (got a good deal) and trying the electric life. Hey, even Mitsubish plans on all electric or hybrid by 2035, so trying to learn the EV life. Had a double bypass last December, 95% blocked in the widowmaker, so I've got a new lease on life and trying to do everything I want to do while above ground.

    G4 has 82k on odometer, regular oil change and 5 speed, weathertech mats in front, and upgraded to the SE stereo. I'm throwing in the spare clutch cable I bought for just-in-case. I've listed her at $6500, but if someone can prove they're a member of this site I'll take $5800. I know there good people on here, mostly, that know and appreciate the car.

    Otherwise, I'm spending more time lurking at mynissanleaf. I appreciate all the great advice on here over the years and the laughter at Fummins and Dirk's joie de vevre!
    The new lease on life is great news! I'm sorry to hear you had those health issues, but I am glad they got it taken care of for you.

    It's always a little sad to read about a long time member selling their Mirage or G4, but I totally understand. Someone is going to get themselves a nice used G4 for that price.

    I hope you continue to drop by at times like Eggman (who has also gone to an EV). This is a trend that will surely continue in the upcoming years! I think the Mirage forum members like hearing about others' EV experiences, too!

    In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck selling your G4!

  4. #3
    Senior Member AtomicPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NOTW
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,187
    Thanks
    478
    Thanked 620 Times in 404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The new lease on life is great news! I'm sorry to hear you had those health issues, but I am glad they got it taken care of for you.

    It's always a little sad to read about a long time member selling their Mirage or G4, but I totally understand. Someone is going to get themselves a nice used G4 for that price.

    I hope you continue to drop by at times like Eggman (who has also gone to an EV). This is a trend that will surely continue in the upcoming years! I think the Mirage forum members like hearing about others' EV experiences, too!

    In the meantime, I wish you the best of luck selling your G4!
    Thanks, Mark. The LEAF has so much tech on it the G4 doesn't, but I truly miss the light weight and tossing it into corners. I do like the improved reduced noise on the road! I plan to check in, especially if/when Mitsubishi drops a new Mirage or Colt in North America!

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 114 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Well, doing the last deep clean on the G4, putting her up for sale. I bit the bullet and bought a 2022 LEAF (got a good deal) and trying the electric life. Hey, even Mitsubish plans on all electric or hybrid by 2035, so trying to learn the EV life. Had a double bypass last December, 95% blocked in the widowmaker, so I've got a new lease on life and trying to do everything I want to do while above ground.

    G4 has 82k on odometer, regular oil change and 5 speed, weathertech mats in front, and upgraded to the SE stereo. I'm throwing in the spare clutch cable I bought for just-in-case. I've listed her at $6500, but if someone can prove they're a member of this site I'll take $5800. I know they're good people on here that know and appreciate the car.

    Otherwise, I'm spending more time lurking at mynissanleaf. I appreciate all the great advice on here over the years and the laughter at Fummins and Dirk's joie de vevre!
    Are you trying to sell yours here? I donít see the ads. Or is it coming?

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    SW, WI
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    533
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Are you trying to sell yours here? I donít see the ads. Or is it coming?
    According to his garage entry, it's a manual.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 114 Times in 73 Posts
    Correct. Just like to browse cars in general.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Well, doing the last deep clean on the G4, putting her up for sale. I bit the bullet and bought a 2022 LEAF (got a good deal) and trying the electric life. Hey, even Mitsubish plans on all electric or hybrid by 2035, so trying to learn the EV life. Had a double bypass last December, 95% blocked in the widowmaker, so I've got a new lease on life and trying to do everything I want to do while above ground.

    G4 has 82k on odometer, regular oil change and 5 speed, weathertech mats in front, and upgraded to the SE stereo. I'm throwing in the spare clutch cable I bought for just-in-case. I've listed her at $6500, but if someone can prove they're a member of this site I'll take $5800. I know they're good people on here that know and appreciate the car.

    Otherwise, I'm spending more time lurking at mynissanleaf. I appreciate all the great advice on here over the years and the laughter at Fummins and Dirk's joie de vevre!
    Congrats on the new car and hopefully better health! Don't be a stranger. Start a garage entry and say it identifies as a Mirage...

    I've been looking into getting an ev as my next vehicle as well. Not to save money(cause it won't for me) but to try something different that's quicker and more comfortable. And I'd rather not buy something that's gonna cost more to drive than the Mirage after being used to paying under $100/month for fuel.

    It seems like there is a growing number of Mirage owners moving on to ev's.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    952
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked 222 Times in 184 Posts
    Fummins there is up to 200k in Canadian incentives if your EV identifies as a Medium or Heavy duty vehicle: https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...ssion-vehicles
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

  10. #9
    Senior Member Ares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Houston
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,899
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 197 Times in 140 Posts
    I'm Filipino so double/triple bypass is normal for us around 45-50. I've started letting my wife know that's about our life span so she needs to be ready. Wishing you good health on the road ahead - but there's probably lots you need to do as well to ensure that.

    Congratulations on the Leaf. If the wife and I aren't planning a kid, I probably would have gotten an electric sedan/hatch instead of the Passport. Here's to hoping my next car is battery powered! Cheers.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Fummins there is up to 200k in Canadian incentives if your EV identifies as a Medium or Heavy duty vehicle: https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...ssion-vehicles
    Negative. I imagine you'd have to spend considerably more than 200k in order to get a 200k incentive.

    I'll probably be banned from the forum and chassed by a mob carrying tiki torches if I shared what I wanted to buy.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •