Thread: US: Everywoman Driver YouTube review of the 2014 Mirage CVT

US: Everywoman Driver YouTube review of the 2014 Mirage CVT

Reviewer Melissa gives the Mirage CVT a "4 out of 7" review, saying it's a great commuter car that gets good mileage, but notes a few criticisms as well.

This appears to be the female counterpoint to the "everyman" review posted here: US: Video - 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DETAILED Review (Everyman Driver)

This video is generating some comments: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=nqiRQSZCvYY

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    From my understanding the Mirage would have received top crash ratings a couple of months back. It scored high in all tests. However, the new small overlap crash makes it appear poor, but it took quite a few manufacturers by surprise and not many cars did particularly well in this new test.

Having said this, her stated alternatives ought to be discarded as well, since she argues that young people and herself should drive top safety pick cars. You will have to put a lot more money on the desk to meet her safety limit. The Chevy Spark got a fair rating in this test, but rather by accident and not by design. I guess the new generations will do better, since they will be engineered for better ratings in this small overlap test.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

No comparable car got a "good" rating in the small overlap IIHS crash test (Spark was "acceptable"). None of them were designed for that test -- you're right that the next generation will probably do better.

The Spark actually got the IIHS "top safety pick" for the class, because it was the "least bad" in that crash.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)