Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: `Should I buy 2 because they are so cheap?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

`Should I buy 2 because they are so cheap?

I never thought I would live to see the day with these prices

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    how much $ is cheap?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    I would comment, but I don't even know what we're talking about?????

I don't want to say something & appear stupid!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would comment, but I don't even know what we're talking about?????

I don't want to say something & appear stupid!
    Same, I missed the telepathy meeting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think you should.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-12-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    drumroll........

since we've been yakking about insane price and what not....I present for your viewing pleasure

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...num/1661260266

if Ice is your thing

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ks-na/m6475725

That's 3 x the price of my first house which was in a ritzy area.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    drumroll........

since we've been yakking about insane price and what not....I present for your viewing pleasure

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...num/1661260266

if Ice is your thing

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ks-na/m6475725

That's 3 x the price of my first house which was in a ritzy area.
    Hey, the price difference between that and a ICE F150 would pencil out in about about 150 years, gotta think long term

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-13-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...num/1661260266 "" With a range of over 500km and the ability to charge up to 80% in just 41 minutes, ""
    If I had to wait 41 Minutes to fill a tank, I'd be able to drink a 6 pac (or more) & shouldn't be driving anyway. If they think I'm sitting doing nothing for 3/4 of an hour when I can fill my ICE in 5 minutes & be on my way, they have another thing coming... I know,... for this reason they'll probably install a breathalyzer of some kind in these electric vehicles so we can't hammer back a bunch of beer while waiting almost an hour to carry on our trip!!! Hope they have porta potties available Sorry, rant over now!!!
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

BigMW (06-13-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...num/1661260266 "" With a range of over 500km and the ability to charge up to 80% in just 41 minutes, ""
    If I had to wait 41 Minutes to fill a tank, I'd be able to drink a 6 pac (or more) & shouldn't be driving anyway. If they think I'm sitting doing nothing for 3/4 of an hour when I can fill my ICE in 5 minutes & be on my way, they have another thing coming... I know,... for this reason they'll probably install a breathalyzer of some kind in these electric vehicles so we can't hammer back a bunch of beer while waiting almost an hour to carry on our trip!!! Hope they have porta potties available Sorry, rant over now!!!
    Charging time is important not because of the amount of beer you can consume in that time but rather because charging stations charge $ by the minute because they are not licensed to charge by the kwh.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Watch various / any yubertuber videos about towing with the Lightning. If that kind of capability was advertised for one of their ICE trucks, they'd be a complete laughing stock. What I mean is, towing range for the Lightening is so pathetic, that the guys doing these tests are sometimes not able to even complete their tests without scrounging for a place to charge. IIRC the range towing is about 100 miles, maybe a few miles less than that. If that were the case with any of their ICE trucks, they'd be a laughing stock. Yet they get away with it with an electric because it's saving the world...

I've got a trip this weekend towing lightly. I'm going to use my dad's (now mine) GMC Sierra (4.8L V8). I'm trying to make it all the way to my destination, then a little bit of 'round town movement. A total of about 470 miles before refilling to make the drive back. Do THAT with a Lightning. I'd have to (try to find a charging station and) stop and charge on the way down there (FL) 4 or 5 FRIGGIN TIMES, just to get there! Well, maybe 3 times on the way down, more on the way back. What a POS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)