Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Issues?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Electronic Issues?

I started having some issues with my 2018 Mirage. The oil life will not reset. Yesterday, the temp guage read -4 (it was 72). The A/C was blowing hot air, but when I lowered the temp control to 61, the A/C worked fine. Also, the * thing for the slippery road is flashing and it was dry, clear and sunny.. Anyone have any idea where to even start looking for the issue?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    have you any full time readers or devices plugged into the OBD port? Have you changed bulbs, any bulbs in the last while?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No nothing at all. A USB cord to charge my cell, but that has been plugged in since 2018 when I bought the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you scanned for any codes yet? How many miles are on the car?
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    Have you scanned for any codes yet? How many miles are on the car?
    No I haven't. There is no check engine light on, but I can certainly pull out my reader and check. I have 74,000 miles on it thus far. Bought the car with 28 miles on it in October 2018 (the car didn't get many miles on it as I was remote working through COVID for almost 3 years).

Can you clarify a few things?

Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    I started having some issues with my 2018 Mirage.
    The oil life will not reset. I usually forget how to reset the light so I just turn it off completely. Is there a problem or did you forget like I do?

Yesterday, the temp guage read -4 (it was 72). So the temp display on the speedometer cluster is reading incorrectly?

The A/C was blowing hot air, but when I lowered the temp control to 61, the A/C worked fine. What did you have the temperature set to when it was blowing hot air?

Also, the * thing for the slippery road is flashing and it was dry, clear and sunny... So the snowflake(low outside temp) icon turns on?

Anyone have any idea where to even start looking for the issue?
    It's kinda looking like a possible ambient air temp sensor or wiring problem? I've seen them act up in cold/damp conditions on other vehicles before and cause similar problems. I think the temp sensor is on the bottom of the bumper reinforcement bar? Don't quote me on that one.
    As for the oil light reset, I have no idea other than try again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Can you clarify a few things?

It's kinda looking like a possible ambient air temp sensor or wiring problem? I've seen them act up in cold/damp conditions on other vehicles before and cause similar problems. I think the temp sensor is on the bottom of the bumper reinforcement bar? Don't quote me on that one.
    As for the oil light reset, I have no idea other than try again.
    Oil Light - It will not reset at all. I tried after I changed oil and nothing happens.
    A/C temp was set at 68 to begin with and I got hot air. Turned it to 61 (lowest possible) and it worked
    Snowflake is turning on or flashing now all the time. Average temp where I am now is about 70 or so

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post51458

I can't be sure if it's in the same location for every year but should be somewhere around there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-19-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With a lot of searching after your suggestion, the part is called the Ambient Temperature Sensor. Funny thing is Rock Auto and those kinds of places do not carry them Mitsubishi wants $60 for them and I found one on eBay for $16 with the same OEM part number - MR320628. So I have ordered one. I will try to figure out where this goes and replace it when I receive the new one and report back. I hope this takes care of at least 1/2 my current issue. Thank you for pointing me in that direction

It could be anything, but I'd check the wiring to that sensor first. There are some wiring schematics around here that I posted for a 2017 that might work for you. I'd hate to see you fire up the parts cannon and it not fix anything.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-19-2023 at 07:51 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-19-2023)