Thread: USB Issue

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question USB Issue

I have a 2018 Mirage SE and I seem to be having an issue with the USB port mounted in the center dash in front of the automatic shift lever. My iPhone 12 keeps cutting out and it does not seem to want to charge anything. My Bluetooth works, but I cannot hook my phone through the car to use Apple Car Play. Anyone have any place that I could start from? Should I pull the head unit to check the wiring? Any direction would be of great help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    I have a 2018 Mirage SE and I seem to be having an issue with the USB port mounted in the center dash in front of the automatic shift lever. My iPhone 12 keeps cutting out and it does not seem to want to charge anything. My Bluetooth works, but I cannot hook my phone through the car to use Apple Car Play. Anyone have any place that I could start from? Should I pull the head unit to check the wiring? Any direction would be of great help.
    Just curious, does yours make weird screeching glitch noises when it cuts out?
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-22-2023)

Dumb question but gotta ask, have you tried a bunch of different cords? I ask because I have a pile of cords that work great 50% of the time. Usually will work when plugged into a computer but not in the car for science reasons. I should really replace them but I’m cheap and forget easily.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (06-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No noises when it cuts out.. I have tried a bunch of cords, 3 different iPhones (12, 13, and 14) all do the same thing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iriegnome For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    No noises when it cuts out.. I have tried a bunch of cords, 3 different iPhones (12, 13, and 14) all do the same thing
    Okay, just asking because my iPhone 6s from 2015 sometimes causes a glitchy screech before disconnecting, but that's because the port on the phone is going bad.

The easiest way I can think to check is to plug a little USB light into the port. If you can use it then the port has power. You could also test the hot connector on the USB port with a multimeter for voltage. If port has no power I'd go ahead and check the connection between port and head unit.

2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------