Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealer Markup on 2023 Ralliart

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fopeano View Post
    I commented about what I see above the water line while I'm drowning in more service work than my support staff knows what to do with. I could not care less what the sales figures are, what new cars cost, what the JD Power ranking is, or even what the sales stats are at my dealership. I'm reading a lot of sentences ending with exclamation points directed at me. Eh, I don't care, it's the end of my night. I thought some empirical evidence from an industry professional about the topic might be appreciated, but I'll think twice about posting next time.
    I saw your post this morning, but I had to leave for driving lessons. I wanted to apologize sooner!

I should have posted my comment differently, & I apologize for that. I get on a rant sometimes, but I didn't mean it for you. I can see why you would think that, however. That's on me. I'm human, & that's my only excuse.

I am miffed at Mitsubishi, because I don't sense they are supplying dealerships with cars. I don't like that they dropped the manual options, and I wish a more affordable trim level was available.

From 2017-2020, they kept adding more features to the base model. The upper trim levels never changed one bit. All it did was shift the price of all trim levels, even though a 2018 GT would have been identical to a 2019 & 2020 GT.

I have always been critical of how Mitsubishi has marketed this car. I resented that I had to buy one from a dealership 4 hours away, because my local one wanted about $3,800 more OTD for the same car. I like my Mirage. I am not impressed with Mitsubishi.

Why do 4-5 trim levels have a price range of $2,000 (since 2017) every year? The upper trim levels have always been available. Leave the base trim level alone for guys like me (who could care less about features).

I bought a Mirage when White Bear was selling 2017 ES manuals for $7,500-9,500. My OTD costs were about $854 (tax, registration, document fee, new WI plates, & delivered to my driveway). These cars were selling cheap, & it caught my attention. It's the only reason I own one!

At the time, I thought the Mirage was KING (when it came to being affordable, reliable, & economical). All three parts of that are important to me, however. The affordable piece has taken a hit in recent years, but it's that way about most everything. Every time I check out at Walmart, I am reminded of that.

I think a more affordable base model might be appreciated by some. Those who love features already have that option!

Given the economy & lack of competition, I feel Mirages should be selling like hotcakes. The numbers, however, tell us otherwise. None of this should take away from what you shared! I should have made my point differently!

Dealers can't keep the cars on the lot, but they apparently don't have access to them either. Something seems wrong? We need to move past blaming COVID or whatever, too!

Sales of the Mirage have crashed somewhat. Is that availability, pricing, or what? They lost me when they dropped the manual option, but I am not the norm.

I will say this - New Mirages under $10,000 made me stop looking at used cars. Mirages closer to $20,000 would have me shopping for used cars again. That may be a big part of this, too!

I hope you accept my apology. I am over the top sometimes. It was late when I typed it, too. I should have known better!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-11-2023)