Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealer Markup on 2023 Ralliart

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Dealer Markup on 2023 Ralliart

Thought its funny dealers will always markup "special" cars.

Name:  Screenshot_2023-06-25-14-43-32-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  77.7 KB
    Name:  pepelaugh-emote.png
Views: 526
Size:  36.4 KB

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-25-2023),Top_Fuel (06-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 2,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Thought its funny dealers will always markup "special" cars.

Name:  Screenshot_2023-06-25-14-43-32-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  77.7 KB
    Name:  pepelaugh-emote.png
Views: 526
Size:  36.4 KB
    If you qualified for all the rebates (loyalty, VIP, & military), you could have bought 3 brand new Mirage ES manuals for approximately $22,500 total (approximately $24,900 OTD) in 2017.

The economy has really changed, but the Mirage has not (unless you consider new bumpers & emergency braking a drastic change).

A 5-speed manual ES would be more sporty & fun to drive than today's Ralliart in my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (06-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A 5-speed manual ES would be more sporty & fun to drive than today's Ralliart in my opinion.
    Hear, hear! I second that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I just brought one home for $22715 out the door... this includes apx $1000 extra for shipping as it came from another dealer 600 miles away and I insisted it be trucked instead of driven... its in the garage right now with 49 miles on it... I am glad it comes with an arm-rest... but the 'leather' steering wheel is very hard/stiff... I was talking with another person briefly a week ago and they paid about $24500 in the Boston area... i contribute that to being in the big city. Other than paying for 'shipping' twice, I'm happy with it... but the transmission seems to be shifting a bit more than a 23' G4 (my gf bought one in March).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommyptr For This Useful Post:

Wil B (08-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyptr View Post
    I just brought one home for $22715 out the door... this includes apx $1000 extra for shipping as it came from another dealer 600 miles away and I insisted it be trucked instead of driven... its in the garage right now with 49 miles on it... I am glad it comes with an arm-rest... but the 'leather' steering wheel is very hard/stiff... I was talking with another person briefly a week ago and they paid about $24500 in the Boston area... i contribute that to being in the big city. Other than paying for 'shipping' twice, I'm happy with it... but the transmission seems to be shifting a bit more than a 23' G4 (my gf bought one in March).
    It would have been nice if the steering wheel had just a hint of soft/gel-ness to it as I thought the same thing bringing my new SE home yesterday. Just that little bit you get when you first grab the wheel and drive and then when you let go of it you kind of feel it again. My SE when just about at a complete stop has a slight engine brake feel to it.Other than that it really feels like a 4 speed automatic.When I picked up my car they just got in a base model ES and sold it that same day. Same thing with the Ralliart. Base is 14,650 and Ralliart is the same as my SE at 16,650. My salesman said most people who are buying the 500+ a month vehicles from them are coming from out of state..This is just crazy. I thought I was going to have to go to Florida for mine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinton View Post
    It would have been nice if the steering wheel had just a hint of soft/gel-ness to it as I thought the same thing bringing my new SE home yesterday. Just that little bit you get when you first grab the wheel and drive and then when you let go of it you kind of feel it again. My SE when just about at a complete stop has a slight engine brake feel to it.Other than that it really feels like a 4 speed automatic.When I picked up my car they just got in a base model ES and sold it that same day. Same thing with the Ralliart. Base is 14,650 and Ralliart is the same as my SE at 16,650. My salesman said most people who are buying the 500+ a month vehicles from them are coming from out of state..This is just crazy. I thought I was going to have to go to Florida for mine.
    $14,650 Base vs $16,650 SE

The base trim level Mirage & the top trim level Mirage have been a price difference of $2,000 since 2017 (when comparing CVT to CVT).

SE & Ralliart should be the same price, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Working at a Mitsu Dealer that has trouble getting enough new cars to keep up with demand, I have not seen or heard of a Ralliart Mirage even though we've had a few ECs and new Outlanders with that trim. We have had a few with those fender flares. Mirages, especially lately are usually sold before they even show up, or they go within a day or two of showing up.
    Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fopeano For This Useful Post:

BigMW (08-10-2023),Fummins (08-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fopeano View Post
    Working at a Mitsu Dealer that has trouble getting enough new cars to keep up with demand, I have not seen or heard of a Ralliart Mirage even though we've had a few ECs and new Outlanders with that trim. We have had a few with those fender flares. Mirages, especially lately are usually sold before they even show up, or they go within a day or two of showing up.
    A person can spin this several ways, but the numbers don't lie!

Mirage sales have been horrible this year! It's the worst year in Mirage history!

The last 3 months (April, May, June) sales have been posted are the worst three months ever!

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/mitsub...es-usa-canada/

Even though most competition has disappeared, Mirages are not selling like hotcakes. A brand new Mirage for under $10,000 may have been more appealing to buyers than more fancy features & higher prices. Everything is higher priced, however. It's not just the Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I commented about what I see above the water line while I'm drowning in more service work than my support staff knows what to do with. I could not care less what the sales figures are, what new cars cost, what the JD Power ranking is, or even what the sales stats are at my dealership. I'm reading a lot of sentences ending with exclamation points directed at me. Eh, I don't care, it's the end of my night. I thought some empirical evidence from an industry professional about the topic might be appreciated, but I'll think twice about posting next time.
    Mitsu master tech since 2009, German car guy, recently bought a 14 Mirage 5spd with 145k. Youtube Channel

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 30.5 mpg (US) ... 13.0 km/L ... 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Fopeano - It's quite nice to have a insider's perspective. I don't think Mark meant one iota of disrespect toward you. At all. I think he just wanted to point out the numbers. I would imagine he would want to do so, because to me it seems strange that this is one of the lowest sales times for the Mirage ... because I TOTALLY BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAY about how quickly Mirages go at your dealership.

I'm assuming Mark is as intrigued about why it is such a bad time for Mirage sales, as I am. Are the numbers low because Mitsubishi is having trouble producing significant numbers of Mirages? Or are they more focused on producing other models? Are they focused on making the Mirage available in other markets? Do they not see what kind of little gem they are producing? Have they put more than 0% value in what Dog Decrapo has to say about the Mirage?

I honestly believe the Mirage could be positioned to be one of the more (I don't know the right word here but) important cars in the next 3 to 4 years?

I just saw a video that seemed to NOT be trying to exaggerate how much work and resources it takes to make EV batteries. It was a Scotty Kilmer video I believe. Pair the amount of environmental destruction it takes to create EV batteries with the environmental problems that will happen with disposing large numbers of EV vehicles, paired with how our trusty gobment is bypassing market driven demand to create synthetic demand for EVs and other electric appliances. Good ole Kalifornia is going to slam into EV hell in the not too distant future.

And potentially when that happens, the timing might be such that we might be going back to a gobment structure that tries to let a free market work the way it is supposed to, and there could be a whole huge wave of demand heading back to inexpensive standalone ICE vehicles. Our trusty state gobments are going to slap EV owners with fees somehow to gain back the road taxes they're losing with EV vehicles. And electric charging rates are not going to go down. Due to the demand, they will either increase sharply or skyrocket. And having to pay to have charging crap added to a home, and the hassle of always having to play with the cord before and after driving it, is going to make an ICE vehicle pleasant and cheap to deal with. When EV drivers swing back to ICE vehicles, I don't think they're going to want to go from paying $0 at a gas station to paying for gas for some big ole lumbering guzzler. I tend to believe they're going to want efficient vehicles because they're not going to want to pay for any more gas than they have to. All these things tend to make me think that the Mirage will be an ideal vehicle for X-EV owners to want to get into after getting out of their EVs.

However ... now that I really think about it, EVs at this time are generally upscale vehicles. Especially Tatas. I can't imagine snooty poodle women are going to want to trade their Tata X whatever it's called, for an entry level (in comparison) Mirage. They'll still want a snoot-mobile to match their snooty poodle personalities.

I hope Mitsubishi is at the very least, considering these possibilities.

Last edited by 7milesout; 08-10-2023 at 01:22 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Mark (08-10-2023)