Thread: Ford newest compact - forget buying one in NA

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Ford newest compact - forget buying one in NA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e1e...assenger%20car!

1 L turbo, 123 hp, 6MT, probably in the $15-17k price range. Why not in NA? Damn, I hate Ford now.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e1e...assenger%20car!

1 L turbo, 123 hp, 6MT, probably in the $15-17k price range. Why not in NA? Damn, I hate Ford now.
    Please do not torture yourself by buying a Ford. Not only is it a friggin' Ford, those 1.0 ecoboosts have a WET timing BELT. See vid below of one being taken apart and decide for yourself.

The form factor on that Tourneo is fine though, would be nice to have another Honda Element-type vehicle in NA.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    omfg. what an absolute POS junk engine. wtf was Ford thinking? there should be another class action suit against these clowns.

The Mirage engine is an absolute masterpiece up against the Ford mess. We now know the Mirage can make 500 hp with block mods. I doubt this POS would ever make 150 hp and survive for any length of time.

Garbage dual clutch transmissions, water pumps buried within engines and shipped with defective seals, now this thing? Ford has totally lost it. They may as well transition to entire EV as they obviously can't engineer ICE stuff that will work. My favorite brand with the 428 CJ, the 429 series with the Boss, the 302 Boss with ports the size of baseballs, the unkillable 289. I weep for what that company used to be.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-30-2023),jonesboro (06-30-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    omfg. what an absolute POS junk engine. wtf was Ford thinking? there should be another class action suit against these clowns.

The Mirage engine is an absolute masterpiece up against the Ford mess. We now know the Mirage can make 500 hp with block mods. I doubt this POS would ever make 150 hp and survive for any length of time.
    The 3A92 is a superb 3-banger and you're correct, it takes boost like a champ. I saw a vid of a guy with a Mirage on the dyno making over 200 WHP with stock internals and a turbo pushing 20ish lbs of boost. Not saying that is a great idea or that it will last long, but just try that with the 1.0L ecoboost and watch it grenade.

2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-30-2023)