Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I took a 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage ES up to June Lake, so you didn't have too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Exclamation I took a 2022 Mitsubishi Mirage ES up to June Lake, so you didn't have too.

The Mitsubishi Mirage, as you all know, is a pretty weak car, averaging at around 78 HP and 74 ft-lbs of torque. But I decided to take the Mirage up 7,654 feet into the air toward June Lake and let's just say... It was bad. The trip started nicely with the traffic in favor and I reached speeds up to 85 MPH. However, the car started to feel sluggish at around 5,000 feet of elevation. Then, things started going downhill (literally) at around 6,000 feet. The car stalled and rolled downhill until I pulled the emergency brake. A group of people in a Jeep pulled up and offered to tow us up the hill. We gladly accepted the offer and we were on our way. Things were looking good, until 7,000 feet. I had to keep shifting between low and D to keep the car from stalling. The AC had to be turned off as the engine started to feel like it was a lawn mower towing an RV. We then parked at our hotel and woke up the next morning to find out that the car would barely start. It took a solid 30 seconds for it to start. Then came the parking issue. The Mirage's 1.2L couldn't handle a 1-inch climb on a slope on a curb. We barely parked and it (thankfully) started when we came back. It kept getting stuck in the gravel on the trails, but we brought anti-skid pads because we expected this. We made our way home with not many issues and we managed to reach 81.4 MPG. So moral of the story: DON'T BRING A MIRAGE TO JUNE LAKE, CA. BUY A JEEP OR ANY 4x4 INSTEAD.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Just A Stupid Person View Post
    The Mitsubishi Mirage, as you all know, is a pretty weak car, averaging at around 78 HP and 74 ft-lbs of torque. But I decided to take the Mirage up 7,654 feet into the air toward June Lake and let's just say... It was bad. The trip started nicely with the traffic in favor and I reached speeds up to 85 MPH. However, the car started to feel sluggish at around 5,000 feet of elevation. Then, things started going downhill (literally) at around 6,000 feet. The car stalled and rolled downhill until I pulled the emergency brake. A group of people in a Jeep pulled up and offered to tow us up the hill. We gladly accepted the offer and we were on our way. Things were looking good, until 7,000 feet. I had to keep shifting between low and D to keep the car from stalling. The AC had to be turned off as the engine started to feel like it was a lawn mower towing an RV. We then parked at our hotel and woke up the next morning to find out that the car would barely start. It took a solid 30 seconds for it to start. Then came the parking issue. The Mirage's 1.2L couldn't handle a 1-inch climb on a slope on a curb. We barely parked and it (thankfully) started when we came back. It kept getting stuck in the gravel on the trails, but we brought anti-skid pads because we expected this. We made our way home with not many issues and we managed to reach 81.4 MPG. So moral of the story: DON'T BRING A MIRAGE TO JUNE LAKE, CA. BUY A JEEP OR ANY 4x4 INSTEAD.

Mmmmm, me thinks this is trolling. I've driven my Mirage over the Eisenhower Pass in Colorado at over 11000 ft with no real issues. Left it in "B" and kept it at 45mph with the air conditioning on making sure the rpm's didn't drop any lower than 4000rpm so I'm calling hogwash on this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

BigMW (07-05-2023),CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),Dirk Diggler (07-07-2023),mitsumi (07-05-2023),mohammad (07-05-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just A Stupid Person View Post
    ...we managed to reach 81.4 MPG.
    Come again?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bnas For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),Fummins (07-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,103 Posts
    This whole post is just a crank yanker. This post is from a person who would stand in front of a police station and point a video camera at the police station. The law enforcement officers and the facility are in 0 danger, and the person is doing nothing "wrong." He's just trying to yank their chain. And the cops fall for it every time, hook, line and sinker. If the cops would completely ignore them and/or give the camera people the thumbs up as the cops go about their business, the annoying camera idiots would give up in a couple hours and be gone (with nothing).

Let's not be the cops that fall for that. This post is just to yank our cranks, we know it's hogwash. The UN says it all.

Have a good day all!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),inuvik (07-06-2023)

That's just Doug Demuro posting. Or a Ford,Kia,Hyundai,Dailmer-whatchamacallit now ceo?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait, we've been towing my Mirage as a portable generator to charge my wife's boyfriend's Ford F-150 Lightning. People actually drive these?

Name:  picard_ugh.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  14.1 KB
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-06-2023)

I think this thread needs Jerry Springer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),inuvik (07-06-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 707 Posts
    Never read more bull in any other thread!

I've been in and over the European alps several times a year, and had none of the issues like in the first post. This car does what it is supposed to, and the driver too.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023),inuvik (07-06-2023),mohammad (07-07-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think this thread needs Jerry Springer.
    June Lake exists at least. It sounds like a nice area, too!

I would check it out with my Mirage if it weren't 2000 miles away!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (07-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    ...Eisenhower Pass...kept it at 45mph with the air conditioning on...
    That's impressive. Isn't that like a 7% grade for 7 miles? I can't imagine doing that in my car with the AC on. I turn off the AC going up a 2% grade for half a mile.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)