Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 mirage ralliart edition

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    where are pictures of your ride?? Pic or it didn’t happen.
    true!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ansebundren View Post
    That is just about what I paid for my Ralliart. My dealer had it marked up to 24,500, but then had a special offer to "knock off" 4500. A made-up markdown off of a made-up mark up!
    Dealers are very creative. They're geniuses is what they are. If they weren't selling cars, they would all be rocket scientists. The rest of us are just bumbling fools.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dealers are very creative. They're geniuses is what they are. If they weren't selling cars, they would all be rocket scientists. The rest of us are just bumbling fools.
    I think of car sales people as being peons. They respond to me. I don't respond to them. I'm not rude to someone trying to make a living, but I don't take any crap from dealerships.

I will never visit another dealership before knowing their OTD price first. If it sucks, I will not waste my time even going there. I used (literally) my local Mitsubishi dealership to test drive a Mirage, but I saved approximately $3,800 OTD buying my Mirage elsewhere.

I wasn't asked to purchase one single extra item, & we did the paperwork for my new Mirage at my kitchen table (because it was delivered to me). Two WB employees drove 8 hours round trip that day. I bought my Mirage through the General Manager, & he assigned one of his salesmen to deliver the car. The 2nd employee brought the salesmen's car for them to return with.

I think WB has gone on to do this so much that they have a delivery truck now. Not all dealerships are the same!

My point - I don't let a salesperson intimidate me. I'm the customer, and the customer is ALWAYS right (at least until you sign on the dotted line).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

jonesboro (07-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think your attitude and tactics are all correct. And very UNcommunist.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I think your attitude and tactics are all correct. And very UNcommunist.
    The new title for 7milesout is "Commie Police"!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-10-2023)

Congrats, your Mirage is SUPER RARE!

I hate to admit it but shifting sucks sometimes. I wouldn't mind test driving the CVT. You guys give it great reviews, it must be good?

My local Mitsubishi dealership is advertising a Ralliart Mirage for $19k. Sheesh, not for me but cool to see!

Name:  Screenshot_20230716-022018.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  84.8 KB