Thread: Mitsubishi Motors: What's New for 2024 (And re: Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Motors: What's New for 2024 (And re: Mirage)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301869885.html

Excerpt from MMNA.

MMNA is providing two years of limited maintenance on every 2024 Mitsubishi Motors vehicle sold in the United States. The two-year/30,000-mile maintenance program covers three oil and filter changes, three tire rotations, and one cabin air filter replacement.

2024 MIRAGE and MIRAGE G4:

As America's most fuel-efficient non-hybrid, gasoline-fueled vehicle5, Mirage offers surprising versatility, huge value, and one of the industry's best warranties, all in a compact package that cannot be matched.

For 2024, LE trims of Mirage and Mirage G4 will feature a driver seat armrest, automatic headlights and rain-sensing wipers as standard equipment. Graphite Gray and Jet Black are added as two new colors, replacing Mercury Gray and Mystic Black.

The end.

Last edited by defensivetackle99; 07-05-2023 at 03:19 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

OrganicFoxes (07-24-2023),Top_Fuel (07-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any regret since I acquired the 23’ G4 not long ago? No. Obviously I am not eligible for complimentary maintenance. I admit it would be nice but definitely not the end of the world for me. Heck. It will costs more in terms of MSRP, and I will feel more better doing it myself on most of these aforementioned maintenance rather than having the incompetent technicians doing the work.

Anyways, this is good news. Hopefully, the Mirage gets more respects that it deserves.
    Last edited by defensivetackle99; 07-05-2023 at 03:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301869885.html

Excerpt from MMNA.

MMNA is providing two years of limited maintenance on every 2024 Mitsubishi Motors vehicle sold in the United States. The two-year/30,000-mile maintenance program covers three oil and filter changes, three tire rotations, and one cabin air filter replacement.

2024 MIRAGE and MIRAGE G4:

As America's most fuel-efficient non-hybrid, gasoline-fueled vehicle5, Mirage offers surprising versatility, huge value, and one of the industry's best warranties, all in a compact package that cannot be matched.

For 2024, LE trims of Mirage and Mirage G4 will feature a driver seat armrest, automatic headlights and rain-sensing wipers as standard equipment. Graphite Gray and Jet Black are added as two new colors, replacing Mercury Gray and Mystic Black.

The end.
    The two-year/30,000 mile maintenance program is a nice perk.

In my case, the nearest Mitsubishi dealership would be a 130 mile round trip for an oil change. I wouldn't let my nearest dealership touch my Mirage unless it was warranty work. White Bear Mitsubishi offered a free first oil change, but I never took them up on it. An oil change @ WB would have been a 440 miles round trip & taken up an entire day.

If I lived near a Mitsubishi dealership, I would take advantage of this new offer. It would be on my terms, however. I'm not comfortable with 7,500 mile oil changes.

If I bought a new vehicle (doesn't matter what brand) today, I would change out the oil/filter at 1,000-2,000 miles, and I would do the 2nd one when the car reached 5,000 miles. From there, I would follow a 5,000 mile or 1-year oil/filter routine (which is easy to remember or keep track of). If I missed the 5,000 mile interval by 500 miles or so at times, I wouldn't sweat it either.

I miss Steve, & his "cheap plastic car". He racked up the miles on his Mirage fast, and his Mirage came with free lifetime oil changes (which the dealership honored even though they dropped Mitsubishi). His cheap plastic car received 5W-30 conventional oil/cheap oil filters every 5,000 miles, & his engine was still going strong when he sold it at 307,000+ miles. If my memory serves me right, he did the last couple of oil changes himself. Regardless of that, he received nearly 60 free oil/filter changes on that car. 58 oil changes @ $30 each = $1,740 (just an estimate on my part). It was a nice perk for an already cheap car!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

jonesboro (07-05-2023)