Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mirage hitch compatibility

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    As far as I know zero changes frame wise. Unless Fummins has seen something different it should be one size fits all.
    I highly doubt the frame mounting holes have been changed. Tooling like that is generally designed for life with no changes anticipated. It's every costly to change that kind of tooling during the production run. I have personally had both hitches on the bench and overall prefer the Curt. The Drawtite I had was bolted together in the middle. I sent it back and used the Curt so I can't comment on ease of installation. The metal seemed about the same for both. It was about 15 minutes to mount the Curt.

Regardless of what the manufacturer says the hitch can handle the Mirage has a GVWR of about 2910 lbs. (2020 model) so about 900 lbs. total load capacity, less driver, passenger, trailer weight, fuel, luggage, etc. My 8'x4' aluminum trailer is about ~250 lbs. with straps, spare, jack, tarps so subtracting me, fuel, etc I'm at GVWR with only 450 lbs. on my trailer.

I know the Mirage is not rated for a trailer of any weight but..... but if I have an accident while loaded to less the GVWR it might be hard to find me negligent considering Curt thinks a 2000 lb. trailer is OK. However, if I do haul a 2000 lb. (when loaded up) trailer that puts the Mirage at about 4220 lbs. GVWR, about 1300 lbs. OVER the Mits rating. That would be harder to dispute that it's not dangerously overloaded.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 1,105 Posts
    I did not drill any holes either. And I bought the wire harness. I played this weekend with my new murdersickle trailer towing setup.

Like I said, this tow rig is unstoppable. It would give the Ice Road Truckers a great backup tow rig up on the Dalton Highway.

Name:  20230806_131707.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  99.4 KB

Look how big the trailer wheels & tires are compared to the cute little ... I mean BIG MEAN Blueberry's!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-07-2023)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I used a step drill for one hole. Didn't take too long.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I did not drill any holes either. And I bought the wire harness. I played this weekend with my new murdersickle trailer towing setup.

Like I said, this tow rig is unstoppable. It would give the Ice Road Truckers a great backup tow rig up on the Dalton Highway.

Look how big the trailer wheels & tires are compared to the cute little ... I mean BIG MEAN Blueberry's!
    I'll be hauling my Burgman off for some service. I'll try to remember to take pictures.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-08-2023)

I’ve never towed anything with mine but I hauled my Mirage in my toilet with beds the other day. Attachment 25633 Attachment 25634

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,757 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I’ve never towed anything with mine but I hauled my Mirage in my toilet with beds the other day. Attachment 25633 Attachment 25634
    Once you drive it in, how do you get out? Back hatch door?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Once you drive it in, how do you get out? Back hatch door?
    Had just enough room to weasel out the rear passenger door. I might have been able to get out the drivers door if I centered it properly. I tried the window but that wasn't happening. The only issue I had was it was too steep of an angle the clear the muffler(at first) so I had to jack up the front of the trailer quite a ways to help lower the angle of the dangle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Your car looks like it would get hit by the ramp door, upon closing the ramp door.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Your car looks like it would get hit by the ramp door, upon closing the ramp door.
    It may or may not have left some vertical scrape marks on the rear bumper...It was a snug fit. I'll center it better next time and get an extra 3/4" of clearance. It was kinda like fat guy in a little coat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2024 SE with the curt 11395

No drilling install and fit quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Hello all,

Trying to find a compatible hitch for my 2023 Mirage, have found the link below which shows compatible with 2022 Mirage. When I check the bolt pattern on the frame it seems to match, wondering if anyone knows if there are any differences between the 2022 and 2023 frame holes.

https://www.trailerjacks.com/14-17-m...h-tow-receiver

Attached Images Attached Images      

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narrow Path For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-31-2023),inuvik (08-30-2023)