Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Owner

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Can't you just hold the brake down while switching to park, then pull the E brake, and then let your foot off the brake to do the same thing? That's what I do at least.
    I do the same thing.

"Remember to always keep One foot in the gutter, One fist in the gold"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Can't you just hold the brake down while switching to park, then pull the E brake, and then let your foot off the brake to do the same thing? That's what I do at least.
    Dirk - Yes, that should work. I guess there's a bit of OCD in my instructions / thinking. If one pulls up the park brake lever, lets off the service brakes and it doesn't roll, that's CONFIRMATION that the brakes are holding the weight.

But the way you do it does the same thing, without the confirmation. Maybe also I feel the need for confirmation because of driving a 5MT. I never let the vehicle JUST park in gear. I always use the park brake. And I also feel to make sure the brakes are holding the car with the park brake before I'm comfortable trying to get out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well dang,this crappy town is out of work....again....and the new job I got was a total bait and switch. I have applied at what is left and nothing really left at this point so plan B is in effect as in the next few days the car will be packed with us in it. Ever since we lost our last car we have been trying to leave here with no luck but at least I managed to squeeze out a car to leave in instead of being homeless on the streets here.Anyway I like the forum and will post when I can..

"Remember to always keep One foot in the gutter, One fist in the gold"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dinton For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-28-2023)