Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New Owner

Hi everyone. I really like this forum and I just bought a 2023 Mirage SE in sapphire blue. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the car during the test drive. I am also an ASPIE and one of my traits is I research things till my eyes bleed and am very analytical and that is what brought me to researching this forum and other sources of information before my purchase.

My last car was a KIA RIO an '06 that died at 97k miles. I was the 3rd owner. I lost that car and due to life have been without a car for the last 8 years until today. No pics yet as it being Saturday no insurance agents were available and I pick up the new baby on Monday. I was going to pick up a motorcycle but having a disabled mom I NEED a car at least a car at first. So long story short I am rebuilding my credit and 3 months after chapter 7 discharge and 4k down I was able to get into this nice new car and am grateful beyond words as ride shares do not go where/need them to with work schedules and my crappy job has a huge question mark over it. I am going to have two full time jobs and make some serious car payments as well and at least another job when this one goes South.

I saw online it was $15,560 for a base model. Not bad as most are going for 18-19k and when I saw it was an SE it was a nice surprise.They go fast here as well. I enquired about it yesterday online and was told I need to come in the next day to finish the buying process. Time frame if ordered is 4-7 months and that is what I wanted but didn't really want a nice car in a bad area and wanted to save up for a year but since the job was going I had no choice.

I look forward and appreciate any and all advice from seasoned Mirage owners so thanks in advance. I already have a question so I'll post that in a different section.Once again thanks for a great forum here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dinton For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-06-2023),Wil B (08-06-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinton View Post
    Hi everyone. I really like this forum and I just bought a 2023 Mirage SE in sapphire blue. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the car during the test drive. I am also an ASPIE and one of my traits is I research things till my eyes bleed and am very analytical and that is what brought me to researching this forum and other sources of information before my purchase.

My last car was a KIA RIO an '06 that died at 97k miles. I was the 3rd owner. I lost that car and due to life have been without a car for the last 8 years until today. No pics yet as it being Saturday no insurance agents were available and I pick up the new baby on Monday. I was going to pick up a motorcycle but having a disabled mom I NEED a car at least a car at first. So long story short I am rebuilding my credit and 3 months after chapter 7 discharge and 4k down I was able to get into this nice new car and am grateful beyond words as ride shares do not go where/need them to with work schedules and my crappy job has a huge question mark over it. I am going to have two full time jobs and make some serious car payments as well and at least another job when this one goes South.

I saw online it was $15,560 for a base model. Not bad as most are going for 18-19k and when I saw it was an SE it was a nice surprise.They go fast here as well. I enquired about it yesterday online and was told I need to come in the next day to finish the buying process. Time frame if ordered is 4-7 months and that is what I wanted but didn't really want a nice car in a bad area and wanted to save up for a year but since the job was going I had no choice.

I look forward and appreciate any and all advice from seasoned Mirage owners so thanks in advance. I already have a question so I'll post that in a different section.Once again thanks for a great forum here.
    Congratulations on your new car! Blue is a great colour!

Out of curiosity, what made you pick the SE over the ES or any other trim level?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post

Out of curiosity, what made you pick the SE over the ES or any other trim level?
    I thought he bought his Mirage based on price & availability. It just happened to be an SE.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I thought he bought his Mirage based on price & availability. It just happened to be an SE.
    Oh yes that’s right. I got it wrong, my bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh yes that’s right. I got it wrong, my bad.
    It would be nice to hear why he likes all the features on the SE.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It would be nice to hear why he likes all the features on the SE.
    Of course.

Plus, I have wondered which trim level in USA has been popular for Mitsu ever since the MT has been discontinued and the fact that the MSRP has gone up with very very little upgrade. ES trim used to be the best value for the $ IMO. I suppose for 2023 model year it the BE trim.

Another thing to note is that $20k mirage is already happening and that partly led me to get the SE. strangely, Mitsu don’t make many of SE.

For 2024, the LE should be the most popular trim level. Will be interesting to find out as it already inbound to the dealership.
    Last edited by defensivetackle99; 08-06-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Of course.

Plus, I have wondered which trim level in USA has been popular for Mitsu ever since the MT has been discontinued and the fact that the MSRP has gone up with very very little upgrade. ES trim used to be the best value for the $ IMO. I suppose for 2023 model year it the BE trim.

Another thing to note is that $20k mirage is already happening and that partly led me to get the SE. strangely, Mitsu donÂ’t make many of SE.

For 2024, the LE should be the most popular trim level. Will be interesting to find out as it already inbound to the dealership.
    Since 2017 (didn't follow the car before that time), the price range between the top & bottom CVT trim level has been $2,000. They have crammed 5 trim levels within a $2,000 price range. Personally, I think this is stupid!

I don't think one can make any bold claims about which trim level is most popular, because I don't think the buyer is driving that. If you go to a Mitsubishi dealer & they have 1 or 2 in stock, you're not really picking from all the available trim levels.

Bergstrom Automotive is the largest dealership in Wisconsin. They carry 36 different brands of vehicles. Their Mitsubishi dealership has zero Mirages & G4s. The few times I checked last year, I never saw a new Mirage in stock. I don't think that's because they are selling them either.

ES has always been the most popular trim level since 2017.

White Bear's inventory is a good indicator of what they received to sell - Their inventory today -

Mirage
    ES = 10
    LE = 2
    BE = 2
    SE = 6

If you like features, the SE is not a big splurge for someone. My guess would be the ES & SE are most popular, and their inventory numbers sort of reflect that. Unless LE & BE models fly out the door right away, & that is possible.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Dinton - Congratulations on the car. 8 years without one. That's got to have been tough.

Try your best to avoid voluntary problems in life. I realize some issues are involuntary and there's nothing that can be done about that. However, avoid the problems & pitfalls that you can. Take care of your ride and it will WAY outlast 97k miles. You'll be sick of the car before it kills off (if you take car of it).

Oh, by the way, the blue ones are the best of the best. They're really the TOP GUNS of all the other colors, so congrats on that too!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Thank you! Yeah it was listed as a base model but was actually an SE.I really like all the colors Mitsubishi has but the blue is my favorite so I lucked out there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dinton - Congratulations on the car. 8 years without one. That's got to have been tough.

Try your best to avoid voluntary problems in life. I realize some issues are involuntary and there's nothing that can be done about that. However, avoid the problems & pitfalls that you can. Take care of your ride and it will WAY outlast 97k miles. You'll be sick of the car before it kills off (if you take car of it).

Oh, by the way, the blue ones are the best of the best. They're really the TOP GUNS of all the other colors, so congrats on that too!
    Thanks. Yeah eight years has been rough as not too much full time work in general and then walking with bad achilles tendinitis and pretty bad back issues. But I look at it as I can still walk and do my job and my motivation no matter how bad the pain is my mom as she too has quite a few health issues so no matter how bad I gotta make it through.Now with a car I can take jobs further out so I have some choices with transportation.And in a position where I can finally comfortably afford payments as she has had a permanent increase in income(she is retired)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dinton For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-08-2023)