Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement for External CVT Filter Housing

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Unhappy Replacement for External CVT Filter Housing

I have a 2014 Mirage and I managed to break the housing for the external filter. I found out that the part number for it is 2921A012 (Cover, A/T Case Oil Filt). Mitsubishi was kind enough to stop producing this part, and apparently no dealership in the whole of the United States sells the part.This $20 part has left my Mitsubishi completely and totally unusable.

There are no pick n pulls nearby that seem to have Mirages (except for 1, which had both the drivetrain and the powertrain ripped out).

There appear to be a few overseas parts suppliers that sell this part, but for a great deal more on account of shipping.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a list of models and years that use the JF015E/RE0F11A transmission. From what I understand, the Nissan Versa, Juke, Cube, and Chevy Spark during some period used this transmission, but the most I can get from search engines are repair manuals and advertisements.

I did manage to find this, but I don't know yet whether or not the part will fit (the part where the nut goes through looks a little short): https://www.z1motorsports.com/auto-t...r-p-44292.html

Can anyone help point me in a direction to search? I would really like to have a running Mirage again.

Incidentally, I will soon be selling either a working a Mirage, or a turbocharged up lawnmower.

I could probably send one if you’re really hooped and don’t need it tomorrow.
    It’d probably be easier and quicker to gamble $20 on that one that you posted. I don’t know for sure if it’s the same. I do know that this Nissan filter does fit the mirage :Attachment 25638

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I could probably send one if you’re really hooped and don’t need it tomorrow.
    It’d probably be easier and quicker to gamble $20 on that one that you posted. I don’t know for sure if it’s the same. I do know that this Nissan filter does fit the mirage :Attachment 25638
    Unfortunately, it's the housing that I need, not the filter. What is the model of the vehicle with that filter? Maybe the housing itself is compatible. If I can get a part number or model and years, I can either order online or pick n pull.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Didn't someone else break their filter housing a couple of years ago? I don't know why I think so...but I can't find it by searching.

Is this Nissan housing a match?

Name:  Nissan_housing.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  cvt_filter_housing.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  83.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Didn't someone else break their filter housing a couple of years ago? I don't know why I think so...but I can't find it by searching.

Is this Nissan housing a match?

Name:  Nissan_housing.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  cvt_filter_housing.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  83.3 KB
    There was someone who did. Their part number is the same as what you listed below. The Mitsubishi dealer said that it wasn't the right part number for mine, and then told me the right part number had been discontinued. Maybe they're effectively the same, though.

I went ahead and got the Nissan that I linked to. I had it overnighted and so I'll find out very soon if its the right part. If not that, then maybe one of the two you linked to will work.

The worst case scenario is that everyone learns which filter housings do not work for the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dengel For This Useful Post:

BigMW (08-09-2023),craigq (08-10-2023),inuvik (08-09-2023),Top_Fuel (08-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let us know if it works. You aren't going to be that last one scrambling for that part.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to get 2921A005 as well. I'll definitely let everyone know if one of them works. This business with parts availability is pretty much the only thing leading me to want to sell this vehicle even after I get it working.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did the Nissan part work?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Did the Nissan part work?
    The part arrived just as I got home from work today. I now have a working mirage.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dengel For This Useful Post:

craigq (08-11-2023),defensivetackle99 (08-11-2023),inuvik (08-13-2023),Top_Fuel (08-12-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dengel View Post
    The part arrived just as I got home from work today. I now have a working mirage.
    How did you get it to work? Plug and play? Direct bolt on? Curious to hear/read your experience

Surprised Mitsu prematurely discontinued it.

I’ve thought it smart for someone like me to buy 1 or 2. The Mitsubishi part discontinuation is stupid.
    Thought I read someone saying it is the federal US law for manufacture to produce parts for 20 years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)