Thread: Lurching?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lurching?

I'm posting here because my best guess about this issue is that it might just be a quirk of CVT's. I have a 2023 Mirage, and when slowing to a stop, or just after coming a stop, the car seems to lurch. I say "seems to" because I don't think the car is actually moving forward or is moving at all really, but something is changing under the hood that feels like movement. Is this just the CVT jumping down into a very low gear? Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    the car has idle neutral feature it shifts to neutral when you stop. Also were have DFCO where the car stops using gas when slowing down then it restarts using gas when you get slow enough to prevent the rpms from going too low.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

ansebundren (08-21-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Could a compressor kicking on/off in a CVT vehicle cause it to jolt / lurch?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)