Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: High beams not turning off

Quote Originally Posted by AyAyron View Post
    Final final update: re-opening this thread because the issue came back,

I finally diagnosed the issue with the car electrician after 3 visits in the last week: its the windshield wiper assembly gone bad. Most likely circuit corrosion. We bought a new one from the local used parts market and the issue is gone.

Also found out this is a common problem with the Mirage 2012-14 model in humid climates and usually both the windshield wiper assembly and the headlight assembly need to be replaced. Basically there's a plug that goes into the wiper assembly in the steering column that holds the wiring for both the wipers and the headlights. It has a circuit inside (the headlight one does not have such a circuit).

Just restating the problem: Its NOT the high beam being forced on, but the dimmer/passing switch which turns on both high and low. This is why when I pulled individual relays the lights would stay on (I was unable to identify the high vs low change during this process).
    Thanks for the update!
    So was it the wiper switch that caused all this, not the wiper motor?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So it was the same thing mine has an issue with after all... I had a feeling. I will definitely have to replace mine at some point. Somedays its fine and somedays wont work at all
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Hey Fummins, yes, by assembly I mean the switch. Name:  3562715_1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  78.6 KB This is the part I replaced.

Basic: you might need to replace both, but I recommend start with the wiper only first.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AyAyron For This Useful Post:

7milesout (01-02-2024),Eggman (01-01-2024),inuvik (12-30-2023),mohammad (01-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Great thread!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)