Thread: CVT Question

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

CVT Question

Hey All! I was looking at my owners manual and saw that I missed both a CVT fluid change and a brake fluid change. I wanted to change the CVT fluid via the dip stick tube as I don't have the $325.00 that the dealer wants to do it. My car has 52k miles on it. Would it be safe to do the cvt exchange via the dip stick tube and then go get the fluid changed at 60k miles?

You could do it that way, or just pull the drain plug and drain it out the bottom instead. The drain plug takes a 3/4" / 19mm socket to remove. If you jack up the rear of the car you'll get a bit more fluid out, whichever way you choose to do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (09-07-2023)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cvt fluid question

Should cvt fluid (via dip stick) be measured with engine on or off??? I've read and seen YouTube videos recommending both??? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You could do it that way, or just pull the drain plug and drain it out the bottom instead. The drain plug takes a 3/4" / 19mm socket to remove. If you jack up the rear of the car you'll get a bit more fluid out, whichever way you choose to do it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron79 View Post
    Should cvt fluid (via dip stick) be measured with engine on or off??? I've read and seen YouTube videos recommending both??? Thanks
    At 17:13 in this youtube video the official factory service manual instructions on checking the dip stick level are shown: https://youtu.be/erlbDUi48Jk?si=er7nGVbIZMkjYZRV&t=1033
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-02-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Running, hot in park on a level surface. There is a Temperature the CVT should be at, but just drive it for 20ish minuets before checking & you'll be fine...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-02-2023)