Thread: Fummins babe I'm confused

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Fummins babe I'm confused

So I have a 2017 CVT mirage. I posted a thread about a month ago about if my CVT needs to be replaced, it did, pulled the old one out, got my new one, all is swell.

Except for one thing. The transmission I bought was off of a used 2017 CVT and has a silver plate with four bolts a bracket where it goes onto the motor, best way I can describe it. When I pulled mine, it didn't have that silver plate and there's also a torque converter on my motor? Like I'm 95% sure it's a torque converter.

I am beyond confused. Am I just stupid? Is there a difference? Can you enlighten me on this? I Can take a picture or video if needed.

I'm pretty sure that it makes absolutely zero difference and I can still put in the transmission, I'm just frankly super lost right now. I've done transmissions before but new to the CVT world

Thanks

Last edited by mirageman17; 09-13-2023 at 11:31 PM.

Babe? wtf over....

I posted a couple video's showing how I removed a cvt if that helps.
    These transmissions have a torque convertor, just like a regular automatic. Are you saying you left your old torque convertor bolted to the flywheel when you removed your old one? I'm lost.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (09-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I thought it was hilarious since you're one of the most active members in this community. My bad

Video cleared it up for me so we're all good! I left my old torque converter bolted to the flywheel when I removed my old one. The new transmission came with a torque converter, I just had a brain fart moment.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirageman17 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-14-2023),Marklovski (09-14-2023)

Yeah, don't do it that way! You missed a step. Glad you fingered it out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)