Thread: Hey there..

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hey there..

Hi,

Just like to introduce myself. I’m from Australia and have a 2013 manual transmission Mirage. I’m interested in modifying the car for performance and love researching can do’s and am trying to track down more information on purchasing a supercharger kit for my mirage. Any leads would be appreciated and look forward to reading post within this forum. Thanks for the help in advance. Mark

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Hello! Good to have you on here. I don't mean this disrespectfully, but you might find it easier to find a supercharger kit for a kangaroo versus a Mirage. And a supercharged Kangaroo might be faster too!

I think it's fun and more power to ya if you want to hop up your Mirage. However, I might suggest you spend small money on maintenance on keeping the Mirage rolling efficiently, and spend bigger fun money, on a more capable (car) toy. Where a Mirage wins is being INEXPENSIVE. Let's say you spend some money on it and get 20% more power (doubtful). That's then 78 hp + 16 hp = 94 hp. You still get crushed by Civics and Corollas. What's the point of that? Not much value in that (in my opinion).

But find some V8 saloon in Australia that you can fix up and make a fun car out of it, and have the Mirage as an inexpensive daily driver, then you got something.

I may be preaching to the choir. And, none of this makes me right. Just throwing my $0.02 out there. You have my backing no matter what you choose to do with your money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-17-2023)

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ed-Mirage-1-2L
    Turbo's seem to be more popular for these cars/engines. There's this guy who has a turbo and even fit rear disc brakes from a Lancer on his Mirage. https://www.youtube.com/@damianxrs

And this guy who put a Mirage engine with turbo in a dune buggy. I think he might have mated a different transmission to it as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/@DirtGearTv/playlists

Last edited by Fummins; 09-14-2023 at 03:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-17-2023)