Thread: I bought another black Mitsubishi…

I bought another black Mitsubishi…

I picked up a 2002 delica the other day. V6 gas, automatic. It’s got some neat feautures, some work and some I may try to fix. Power running board doesn’t work, power folding mirrors kinda work(fold out but not in), keyless entry and ac both work, Bluetooth dvd player head unit with a switch rigged up to play movies while driving…and a 10” screen on the dash for the back up camera. It’s pretty clean but does have some rust that I may tackle one year and a couple minor oil leaks. Should replace the timing belt before too long too. Hoping to get it insured tomorrow.

Here’s some pics

Attachment 25879
    Attachment 25880
    Attachment 25883
    Attachment 25882
    Attachment 25881

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (09-18-2023),inuvik (09-18-2023),Marklovski (09-18-2023),OrganicFoxes (09-18-2023),Top_Fuel (09-18-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,132 Posts
    Looks pretty clean!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-18-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I picked up a 2002 delica the other day. V6 gas, automatic. It’s got some neat feautures, some work and some I may try to fix. Power running board doesn’t work, power folding mirrors kinda work(fold out but not in), keyless entry and ac both work, Bluetooth dvd player head unit with a switch rigged up to play movies while driving…and a 10” screen on the dash for the back up camera. It’s pretty clean but does have some rust that I may tackle one year and a couple minor oil leaks. Should replace the timing belt before too long too. Hoping to get it insured tomorrow.
    Let the adventures begin!

If they weren't so tall, rural postal guys would probably love a Delica.

Congrats on your new rig!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-18-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Reminds me of Marty's Delica on Might Car Mods! I am jealous man!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-18-2023)

Hoping to get it insured today. I'll drive without proper registration but not no insurance...Kids love it! Wife doesn't think I'm as retarded anymore after seeing it in person. I didn't notice til I looked at the pics that the rear springs look sagged out. It's fine.... It does have a bit of a fart can on it, it's not super ricer civic loud but I'm no longer a fan of loud exhaust unless it's something that doesn't wake me or my neighbors up at 5 am. So that might get changed...or not.

I'm hoping it won't be a money pit but the less I look the less I can find wrong with it.

I discovered it even has a soft close latch on the sliding door like fancy pants cars have. Factory curtains are still in place on all the windows except the sliding door. Factory jack kit is there, with a hydraulic bottle jack! I'm hoping I can rig this thing up to pull my side by side to the mountains for shorter 2-3 night trips 3-4hrs away but I'm not sure how great a 5000lb brick can tow an even less aerodynamic brick at highway speeds for that long.
    I discovered that someone installed a hood from a 2005 Tawain(only) hood for some reason. It looks like it's got a mini bmw grille. It's been repainted at some point too and all the emblems(except the one on the hood) and decals were removed, and all the signal and marker lights are clear. I assume most of them are aftermarket, it looks very 90-early 2000's (for some reason).

This is a pic from the auction listing in 2017. You can make out the name of the wheel but it looks like the centers have been repainted since then.

Here's an auction listing of a set of similar wheels. I'm not sure what width are on this van though. I'd be shocked if those wheels are worth more than what my car cost.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (09-18-2023),inuvik (09-19-2023),Marklovski (09-19-2023)

I just realized how small my Mitsu's are in the pics above. My holiday trailer is 34' from hitch to the back. It barely fits in the driveway. The top rear almost touches the evestrough of the garage and the hitch it right at the end of the driveway where it meets the sidewalk. The car and van fit where I had the trailer parked with far less drama and walking room around both lol That's all I got for now

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wife doesn't think I'm as retarded anymore after seeing it in person
    The beauty of the Delica. "Its just a minivan honey"
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-20-2023)

Because I prefer this forum over most others I'll dump this here. I signed up on a few Delica forums but it's a bit different over there. One is pretty much dead/unused and the other...I'm not sure yet.

I got flashed on the way to work today. This van has led low beams which seem pretty bright. I think the fog lights are a mix of one led bulb(that's not very bright) and the other that appears to be hid(has a ballast). I'm not sure if the fog light(s) was blinding or if it was the headlights.

I won't run the fog lights on anymore and go from there. I'll try to make sure the headlights are aimed correctly too one day.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about someone going full retard road rage and pulling a gun on me because of this, well...chances are pretty slim. The other bonus is the oncoming flashing highbeams didn't bother me at all. I'm not sure if it was cause their lights were just crappy or if sitting on the right side reduces glare? I dunno....Or a combination of sitting on the wrong side and a pretty high seating position?
    I find in the Mirage the complete opposite is true. The glare from oncoming traffic on single lane roads can be obnoxious, it's hard to tell high beams from lows, especially with aftermarket hid or led bulbs.

Another bonus about this van is the rear windows are tinted so dark it's hard to see out but also someone could be driving behind with their high beams on and I wouldn't have a care in the world lol. The down side is, when I got to work this morning I figured I'd try out the 4wd to make sure it engaged, and see if I could figure out how to properly shift to 4low(assuming it isnt' exactly like all the other 4x4's I've owned). So checked the mirrors and pulled a nut, of course it was in 4wd so lost most of the turning radius. Just as I got turned around a guy on a bicycle went past. He could have became road pizza if he was a minute earlier. I may rig up a momentary foot switch similar to an old style dimmer switch to turn on the back up camera or something for that kinda fun. Currently the big screen on the dash turns on with the key and stays on with a blank blue screen then back up camera shows up in reverse only. Or see how it is just leaving it on full time?

This thing rides like a caddy compared to the Mirage. It handles like a tall narrow minivan though. Carving through roundabouts "quickly" and fun-like isn't a thing anymore lol.

It revs higher than I expected on the highway. About 2500rpm(ish) at 100kph/62mph. Provided the speedo is accurate. It is running slightly shorter tires than stock. Stock was 225/80r15 and it's got more easy to find 235/75r15's. Turns out the gear ratio in the diff is 4.8-something so that explains that, and why it feels so torquey from a stop. It's got 185hp(or had at one point), and weights about 5000lbs. Me thinks that getting close to 20mpg isn't a realistic goal for me, I'm sure someone like Metrompg could get 25-30 out of it if given the challenge lol

I did get lots of waves from random people yesterday. Wasn't sure if pieces were dragging behind me or wth? I even had someone go way out of their way to let me cut in front of them so that was pretty cool. In the Mirage people go out of their way to try and run you off the road lol. But there are a lot of people who hate all kinds of different vehicles because of what they think of them. Watch the tesla cam channel and see how many jelous tards damage tesla's in parking lots. I know one Telsa owner that is the biggest stuck-up douchebag I've ever met. But I know a few others that are some of the nicest people I know.

I need to get rid of that stupid "muffler". It drones obnoxiously at any speed just like my dodge diesel does on the highway at 70mph. It's not for me...
    Shoulder checking on the right side is gonna take some thought. So far so good though. I still haven't verified this will fit in the garage. It's close to 7' tall as per specs. My garage has a 7' door I believe. My Teryx4 just scrapes the weather stripping when I pull it in...
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-20-2023 at 01:21 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (09-20-2023),inuvik (09-20-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,100 Posts
    I'm locked in, and reading with great interest. Heckuva vehicle. I'm happy for you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-20-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,154 Posts
    I did get lots of waves from random people yesterday.
    Sounds like a real friendly town.

Here's hoping this vehicle is as fun as you hoped it would be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)