Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armrest Removal

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Armrest Removal

So I went to the dealership to get the rear seat belt taken care of and they did. While I waited, I looked at the lot for the unsold 23Â’ and 24Â’ Mirage, I browsed some and realized that one did come with the tall center console/armrest.

Dealer let me checked it out. I got in and boy it a game changer. The appeal is there as to have extra space for small items. It fit my iPhone SE 3, wallet, glasses altogether no problem!

I liked the OEM center console/armrest more compared to aftermarket center console from Amazon (ordered for my ex-G4 many months ago and it was junk). I even like it compared to the skinny small armrest on my current G4 ugh!

So I played the idea of having the skinny armrest removed and possibly ordering and installing the OEM center console/armrest. Maybe it wonÂ’t be so bad after all. Who knows?

Finally got a chance today and here we have it.

Name:  IMG_1206.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  59.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1209.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  64.0 KB

Geez. The side looks worse than I thought. Unsure if I can live with that noticeable removal. Bummer.

Last edited by defensivetackle99; 09-22-2023 at 12:18 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Personally, I don't know why anyone likes the OEM center armrest all that much? I don't know a single person who can rest their elbow on it & grab the steering wheel at the same time including myself (6" 1" approximately).

Unless they improved the center armrest since the 2017 update, I don't find it very special compared to the armrest in my Forester, which does offer some comfort while driving. If you don't use your right hand for steering, I guess the Mirage OEM center armrest somewhat works. I find it a strange design for an armrest?

If you don't like armrests all that much, it's not in the way that much. I will grant you that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I don't know why anyone likes the OEM center armrest all that much? I don't know a single person who can rest their elbow on it & grab the steering wheel at the same time including myself (6" 1" approximately).

Unless they improved the center armrest since the 2017 update, I don't find it very special compared to the armrest in my Forester, which does offer some comfort while driving. If you don't use your right hand for steering, I guess the Mirage OEM center armrest somewhat works. I find it a strange design for an armrest?

If you don't like armrests all that much, it's not in the way that much. I will grant you that!
    No major improvement however it is nice to have in some situation. I’m a big guy so I’ll share how I rest mine. It something else.

I’m trying to upload pictures and this site is giving me issue for now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.2 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_1207.jpeg
Views: 322
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1194.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  86.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_1210.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1213.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  28.9 KB

I bolted a big ugly rubberish plastic tractor armrest to my seat. It's better than no armrest. I should have mounted it a little bit lower to match the useless door panel "arm rest" but it's made driving it more bearable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    The OEM armrest I was referring to isn't that type. The OEM armrest that is mounted into the rear cup holder isn't very big, & I question the design of it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 1,486 Posts
    If you have a newer Mirage with an armrest attached to the side of the seat, does the OEM console get in the way?

Name:  console.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  11.7 KB

So you can either have this ^^ console or the armrest?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Is that console even a factory installed thing or just a dealer add on?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you have a newer Mirage with an armrest attached to the side of the seat, does the OEM console get in the way?

Name:  console.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  11.7 KB

So you can either have this ^^ console or the armrest?
    Can’t have both. It one or the other. The OEM skinny armrest that I removed gets in the way of the OEM center console. Both are at the identical height. So in my case I’m out of luck if I want a clean look.