Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sway bar end link what are differences/where to buy

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,207 Times in 698 Posts
    Yes, you are right, definitely broken. I used an angle grinder to get one off, and accidentally f***** up the bellows...

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Yes, you are right, definitely broken. I used an angle grinder to get one off, and accidentally f***** up the bellows...
    I wouldn't bother trying to save them, for under $5 cad/side you can replace everything. Hack it off, throw in trash install new stuff. The oem rubber parts might be higher quality than the cheapo jobber parts but who knows. I'd go the cheap-replace it all route.

I have wasted more time than I care to admit trying to fix something that should have been scrapped so don't blame you for trying to be cheap. It'd be quicker and easier to just replace the bolt if possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    A bit late with my response but NAPA here in Renfrew had a match for my replacement, their part number is PFC 1818268 it cost me $16 Cdn.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

mohammad (10-08-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Minor update I do not own a jack so i attempted to replace it with the car on the ground.

I was unable to cut the end link using the $12 hacksaw I bought off Amazon the blade didnt appear to want to cut. It was also a very uncomfortable angle

I then tried to pry the long spacer thing apart by using a flat head screwdriver in its seam. This was sort of working but with the car on the ground there was not enough room to get two hands under the car, preventing me from holding the wrench and stopping the bolt from spinning while working on splitting the spacer. I was also very scared that my flathead would slip and pop the tire. I think given an hour or two of continuous effort this may work.

I have now realized that Fummins is right and purchasing a saw-zall is the best idea. I simply do not want to buy one as I both want to create a YouTube video and do not want to spend more than it would cost to get the dealer to fix it.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Minor update I do not own a jack so i attempted to replace it with the car on the ground.

I was unable to cut the end link using the $12 hacksaw I bought off Amazon the blade didnt appear to want to cut. It was also a very uncomfortable angle

I then tried to pry the long spacer thing apart by using a flat head screwdriver in its seam. This was sort of working but with the car on the ground there was not enough room to get two hands under the car, preventing me from holding the wrench and stopping the bolt from spinning while working on splitting the spacer. I was also very scared that my flathead would slip and pop the tire. I think given an hour or two of continuous effort this may work.

I have now realized that Fummins is right and purchasing a saw-zall is the best idea. I simply do not want to buy one as I both want to create a YouTube video and do not want to spend more than it would cost to get the dealer to fix it.
    Buy tool from Amazon, use tool. Return to Amazon within 30 days. Or a flush cut tool might work with the right blade on it. Princess auto or crappy tire might have something cheap enough. I wouldn't buy a tool that only has one use, but a sawzall can be used for more than cutting a sway bar end link bolt.

I remember 10 years ago or so when I discovered Walmart shipped stuff for free. I ordered a 99c bag of chips one time. It took a week to get it. It came in a big box with those blow-up bags all around it. It was shipped from Ontario to Edmonton!
    I figured if I did that enough times I could single-handedly bankrupt Walmart. Eventually, they came up with a $50 min order policy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-12-2024)