Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Australia - anyone fitted an aftermarket cruise control to 2013/14 Manual Mirage ?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    For Info: There are a few 1860C466 ECU's available for sale on Tokopedia ! How much is Rp5.445.000 in AUD?

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kipton View Post
    Questions I have now are - I have proxy keys and OSS start - this ECU wasa installed on a Key start Manual - does that matter? -

is it possible to sync all modules existing data with this used ECU.?

So that Proxy Keys still work and engine still works etc!
    I think it will work.

I just saw your post FreeYourSOUL ty...thats a pretty close part number to the Australian one Ive found!

Question: Does your friends Mirage have OSS/Proxy Keys ?
    No, all manual Mirage here are lowest trim, they have prehistoric key 🤣 also no alarm and immobilizer.

For Info: There are a few 1860C466 ECU's available for sale on Tokopedia ! How much is Rp5.445.000 in AUD?
    About AUD 550

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FreeYourSOUL For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-24-2023)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    From the manual - Flow procedure using MUT III to register new replacement ECU with Keyless/OSS and change the ECU VIN to match the registered Vehicle - maybe that's all that is required to swap in this different ECU?!? - Anyone got any thoughts ?! :
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I haven't replaced an ecu on these cars before but have replaced an airbag module and it required pulling a file from the old one(with it still in the car), saving it to the scan tool then plugging the "new" replacement one in and uploading the file to it. Kind of a pita if your old one is nfg. I used an autel scan tool. But when it came to trying to program an imobilzer key in a different car I couldn't do it and assume an MUT-III is required?
    Sorry, I'm of no use to this thread. At this point I'd consider the aftermarket rostra cruise that's pretty much plug and play.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-24-2023)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Just curious, knowing how hilly most of Brisbane is, why would someone in Brisbane want cruise control, and that in a MT car?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I haven't replaced an ecu on these cars before but have replaced an airbag module and it required pulling a file from the old one(with it still in the car), saving it to the scan tool then plugging the "new" replacement one in and uploading the file to it. Kind of a pita if your old one is nfg. I used an autel scan tool. But when it came to trying to program an imobilzer key in a different car I couldn't do it and assume an MUT-III is required?
    Sorry, I'm of no use to this thread. At this point I'd consider the aftermarket rostra cruise that's pretty much plug and play.
    Thanks for your thoughts Fummins - Its def not plug n play...I think what would happen if I swapped the ECU's over would simply be the car would not start - as there has to be agreement that all modules are communicating with the same credentials...wether or not I could then swap the old ECU back in and that would still work Idk but it seems pointless to just swap the new one when I know it wont work without following the correct procedure -

must be a few people out there that have and do ECU changes from used vehicles...there are many used ECU's being sold everyday - so someone somewhere has the skills and experience and the tools to do this...it is finding that someone! What I will do is continue to add the missing connectors/wires and have it all set up ready to go minus the ECU swap - I may even try to enable Cruise with this existing ECU just to prove to myself it wont work ever ! And then will keep searching for someone that has changed ECU's on these era Mitsubishis and has the equipment to do so. And if that does not bear fruit will go aftermarket and utilise the OEM Cruise Steering Controls.
    Last edited by kipton; 10-24-2023 at 11:31 PM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Just curious, knowing how hilly most of Brisbane is, why would someone in Brisbane want cruise control, and that in a MT car?
    For me I have a lot of Freeway driving to do in the coming months...and my old right foot would most enjoy the ability to rest more for those journeys! Hope that helps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    At this point I'd consider the aftermarket rostra cruise that's pretty much plug and play.
    I would have already tried that ages ago. Seems much simpler.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I have just got a quote to fit an aftermarket utilising the existing OEM steering cruise controls. $800 AUD

As far as changing the current ECU with a used ECU...unless you have MUT III Ive not found/heard that its possible to just swap one ECU for another.
    You can readily change the VIN on the ECU with ETACS Decoder or MMCodingwriter..but the issue is with the Immobiliser/Keys cannot be synched with the replacement ECU.

What I have noticed on the local Australian Ebay ECU sales - most wreckers sell a used Kit from a crashed car, which has the ECU/Ignition/Key/OSS/Immobiliser parts and Modules....so in theory you swap them all and the car will start and run.

What I have found out also is that some Auto/ECU repair/tuning places are happy to Bench Flash-Clone your existing ECU with another used ECU (must be same part number)....at least this gets past the lack of new ECU's available from Mitsubishi and will allow your car to keep going if your current ECU fails (if you can find a used good ECU of course!) ...prices for this cloning range wildly from $650-1200 AUD.

If there is a way to use a secondhand used ECU directly Id be interested to know ?! I understand that people swap EEPROM chips from from one module to another - then you would have to swap the EEPROM from Immobiliser and ECU - Alternatively read the EEPROM's Data directly and Program that DATA to the used Modules. For this and Bench flashing you would need to know the PIN out of this Mirage ECU and Immobiliser Module to be able to power up etc on the bench...and I have looked but not found this PIN out - must be known though.

The easiest sure fire way forward for me is to go aftermarket using OEM Controls.!
    Still I have continuing interest to learn and know what is and what is not possible these days wrt to ECU and other Control Modules in this Mirage.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Im looking for the Pinout Diagram for the EU Version of the Mirage ECU - 98 Pin...if anyone has one please either post in reply or PM me please!

I have managed to install run/start the car fine with a used ECU which has the Cruise capability.

All wiring is now in place including the xtra wires from the brake switch and cruise control switching to the ECU.

What I found though was the the existing Clutch Switch wire 'should be' but is not going to the ECU instead only to the OSS-KOS ECU...because of this.. the Cruise wont enable.

I can run an xtra wire from the clutch switch to the ECU easy - however ..I need to know which Pin on the ECU the Clutch wire should go to.!

I know there is a Pinout Diagram out there for the EU version...as member Waleed posted many moons ago a partial Pinout diagram for it...but alas it was missing the Clutch Switch PIN.

If anyone has the Pinout Diagram or knows where to find it ...again please let us know..for the sake of one wire we are all set to Cruise!

Below is a diagram for EU version Cruise connections I've been working on to help me test things.

Attached Images Attached Images