Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia - anyone fitted an aftermarket cruise control to 2013/14 Manual Mirage ?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Australia - anyone fitted an aftermarket cruise control to 2013/14 Manual Mirage ?

As the title says - wondered if anyone has fitted cruise control and to a 2013/14 mirage in Australia?
    If so what was fitted, how good was it?

I know some on the forum have managed to turn on and use OEM switch cruise and console buttons ... but according to this thread:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Mirage-Manual

it wasn't possible on an Australian Manual Geared Mirage.

Is it possible to use the OEM control cluster with an aftermarket cruise control kit ?

Any thoughts on this from members most appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Reading lots of prior posts about enabling OEM Cruise - I have not seen anyone in Australia say they were successful.

How can we check what connections we have on the clock spring, I understand we would need two rows of 5 connections - is the clockspring and its connectors visible if you remove the airbag ? Would I be able to see the clockspring part number ?

If Taking off the airbag - best to remove the ground from the battery first?

TIA
    Last edited by kipton; 10-05-2023 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kipton View Post
    Reading lots of prior posts about enabling OEM Cruise - I have not seen anyone in Australia say they were successful.

How can we check what connections we have on the clock spring, I understand we would need two rows of 5 connections - is the clockspring and its connectors visible if you remove the airbag ? Would I be able to see the clockspring part number ?

If Taking off the airbag - best to remove the ground from the battery first?

TIA
    If you have factory bluetooth/radio controls on your steering wheel there's a good chance you might have the proper clockspring. Airbags are scary magic voodoo devices to most people so if in doubt it doesn't hurt anything to unhook the battery if you're worried. I don't usually unhook the battery unless I need to for other non-airbag blowing-up fears, but I also have a scan tool that can clear airbag lights. If you turn the key on with the airbag unplugged the light probably won't reset itself like a check engine light.
    I can't remember if you have to pull the steering wheel off to see the connectors on the clockspring or not.

An easier way to see the wiring might be to pull the steering column covers off. It's one phillips screw pointing straight up around the center of the lower cover then gently pry the upper cover off. I'm a crapy explainer without it in front of me. Once the covers are off you should be able to find the wiring for the clockspring one way or another. If I have a steering column in the shop I'll get some pics tomorrow. Otherwise hang tight til next Wednesday unless someone else knows.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-05-2023)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you have factory bluetooth/radio controls on your steering wheel there's a good chance you might have the proper clockspring. Airbags are scary magic voodoo devices to most people so if in doubt it doesn't hurt anything to unhook the battery if you're worried. I don't usually unhook the battery unless I need to for other non-airbag blowing-up fears, but I also have a scan tool that can clear airbag lights. If you turn the key on with the airbag unplugged the light probably won't reset itself like a check engine light.
    I can't remember if you have to pull the steering wheel off to see the connectors on the clockspring or not.

An easier way to see the wiring might be to pull the steering column covers off. It's one phillips screw pointing straight up around the center of the lower cover then gently pry the upper cover off. I'm a crapy explainer without it in front of me. Once the covers are off you should be able to find the wiring for the clockspring one way or another. If I have a steering column in the shop I'll get some pics tomorrow. Otherwise hang tight til next Wednesday unless someone else knows.
    Thanks Fummins
    I do have factory Bluetooth and Audio Controls on the steering so that's promising start...but still conscious that I've not seen yet anyone in Australia with success in getting OEM cruise enabled.

I will see if I can get the steering column covers off and see what I can see...is it safe to do this with battery and airbag connected....or best to play it safe with the airbag and remove the battery.?!

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I had a look at the Brake and clutch pedal area whilst investigating what I have -

The brake switch has only two wires into it.

Cant see a taped up Clutch switch connector either-
    nor a bracket or bracket hole to put a Clutch switch.

I guess this is not good !?!?

Guess if what I'm seeing is correct then only option is aftermarket and maybe use the OEM cruise control steering switch panel in the steering wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Wait!

Clutch Pedal already has a clutch switch installed ??? See photos ..is thats whats there - Black and light grey wires ?!??

if so - why is it already there - what is it doing at the moment?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by kipton; 10-11-2023 at 04:58 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 708 Posts
    Just for the info, my 2014 poverty edition 1.0L has one clutch switch with two wires, and one brake switch with two wires. It has no steeringwheel buttons.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kipton View Post
    Wait!

Clutch Pedal already has a clutch switch installed ??? See photos ..is thats whats there - Black and light grey wires ?!??

if so - why is it already there - what is it doing at the moment?
    The engine won't start unless the clutch pedal is fully depressed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-11-2023)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The engine won't start unless the clutch pedal is fully depressed.
    Of course ! Yes this has the Push Button Start! so does it double up as a cruise clutch switch as well
    ..or do you need two?

With this vehicle only having 2 wires on the brake switch - then assume you would have to run wires to the ECU...has anyone ever successfully done that and enabled OEM Cruise?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 708 Posts
    kipton, do yourself a favour and get a copy of the factory service manual (FSM). Makes life easier.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

kipton (10-11-2023)