Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Engine shakes and nearly stalls

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimas1377 View Post
    So I used a ravenol petrol performance optimizer so I just have to use the car and see how it performs
    But so far the car seems smoother at idle I intentionally turn ac off and try to make it go low on rpm but it seems pretty controller but now I will not update for at least a week or two and report with certainty how it went
    Is this what you are using?

RAVENOL Petrol Performance Optimizer Premium

Never heard of it before. Hope it fixes you problem.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Is this what you are using?

RAVENOL Petrol Performance Optimizer Premium

Never heard of it before. Hope it fixes you problem.
    Exactly, it is german and it was expensive and in my country they use them for bimmers and mercs so it’s probably high quality

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    This sounds like flooding as in excessive fuel. Does this rough idle condition happen when the engine is started cold or after it has been running & is warmed up?

The cheapest and easiest is to try fuel system cleaner first rather than take your car apart. Make sure you are using a cleaner, not an octane booster as they have two different functions.

Cheap, dirty fuel clogs & restricts fuel delivery. Don't buy cheap fuel & stick to good quality brands. If a good quality fuel system cleaner does not help this problem, then disassemble & clean the throttle body manually, by hand. Spraying stuff into the throttle body does not clean all the gunk, as has been shared.

A word of caution - some cheap OBD-II adapters cause problems with ECU operation, and can make matters worse. If you are only going to do this once, borrow a decent code reader rather than buy one. At least then you'll know what a decent code reader/scanner can do.

Looking forward to your update.
    Well it is still doing it
    Idk what it is maybe a vacuum leak or something but cleaning the throttle body and adding fuel additives didn’t help
    I would really appreciate if you can help me with what it might be

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimas1377 View Post
    Well it is still doing it
    Idk what it is maybe a vacuum leak or something but cleaning the throttle body and adding fuel additives didn’t help
    I would really appreciate if you can help me with what it might be
    Internet troubleshooting is difficult. This might require the use of more sophisticated testing equipment as there are a lot of different causes. My next thought would be a fouled injector, but replacing injectors can be expensive and there are better approaches than just throwing money at the problem hoping one will provide the fix. Better to try the cheap & easy first before taking the next step, and you've already done that.

Have you removed & inspected the spark plugs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Iran
    Thanks
    Internet troubleshooting is difficult. This might require the use of more sophisticated testing equipment as there are a lot of different causes. My next thought would be a fouled injector, but replacing injectors can be expensive and there are better approaches than just throwing money at the problem hoping one will provide the fix. Better to try the cheap & easy first before taking the next step, and you've already done that.

Have you removed & inspected the spark plugs?
    yeah actually the spark plugs are good!

btw I don't know if I mentioned that but the car is mostly ok but some times when you come to a stop or you are shifting to D from a stop the car does that specially noticeable with a load like turning the wheel or turning on the lights or just rolling up the windows or using the wipers so It's not always like that.