Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another new owner

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsi View Post
    Lol! You are all too smart for this prairie boy. Metric, Imperial, it's all Greek to me. 🤣
    Don't mind us, just enjoy your Mirage!

We're just being goofy.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Don't mind us, just enjoy your Mirage!

We're just being goofy.
    Oh, I'm not minding you all at all! We're just getting to know each other.

And I'm definitely enjoying the Mirage... A total of 11 cm (about 4.5 ") of heavy snow fell, and she's plowing through it fairly well. Not bad for the OEM tires!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-21-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,502 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    An engineer who worked for Asian auto makers is our prime defender of the English System on the forum. I find that a bit ironic.
    We used dual dimensioning. Dual dimensioning is just a click box in modern solid modeling & drawing software.

If we need the dimension in dm, cm, inches and thousandths, I'll just click the box.

Many U.S. vendors that I worked with at Toyota, only spoke in thousandths of an inch. And is my default thinking. Your fingernail is ~0.020" thick (which is ~0.5mm). Easy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsi View Post
    A total of 11 cm (about 4.5 ") of heavy snow fell, and she's plowing through it fairly well. Not bad for the OEM tires!!
    Planning to drive it all winter with the stock tires on? Isn't that unusual in Winterpeg?

PS: belated welcome! Congrats on the purchase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks MetroMPG! Haven't been on here for a while, and thought that I'd mention the snow we've had in Winterpeg... Not much! I haven't changed the OEM tires, but I have noticed that when it is colder, the tires tend to have less traction, and they are NOT good on ice. I will see how the winter progresses, and consider winter tires if needed. I will get a set next winter for sure, though.

I know an older couple who buy a new car every other year or so, and only put about 10k kms a year on it.

They don't bother with winter tires either (though they also generally don't drive when the roads are messy).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)