Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test drove a 2024 Versa today......

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicFoxes View Post
    Honestly might have the same manual but I doubt it. In this video is looks like in 5th gear it revs a little lower then the mirage at the same speed. Looks like they were going 75 at 3500rpm, I think the mirage revs like 250rpm more at that speed (i could be wrong, i dont drive a manual mirage) but it could be wheel sizes that make that difference, if it has the same trans that is.
    Based on the pictures I'm looking at for 2014-current manual transmissions for the Versa, I don't believe they are the same.

Versa model code: CEJXQS2G
    Mirage model code: F5MBD

Even if those codes are make-specific codes for transmission made by a third party like Aisin, the pictures of the bell housing look quite different. Here's the Versa:

Name:  versa_bell-housing_02.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  95.7 KB

and here's the Mirage's transmission:

Name:  space_star-F5MBD.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  54.2 KB

Doesn't look compatible, definitely not the same one in any case. Mystery solved.

2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboro View Post
    Based on the pictures I'm looking at for 2014-current manual transmissions for the Versa, I don't believe they are the same.

Versa model code: CEJXQS2G
    Mirage model code: F5MBD

Even if those codes are make-specific codes for transmission made by a third party like Aisin, the pictures of the bell housing look quite different. Here's the Versa:

Name:  versa_bell-housing_02.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  95.7 KB

and here's the Mirage's transmission:

Name:  space_star-F5MBD.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  54.2 KB

Doesn't look compatible, definitely not the same one in any case. Mystery solved.
    Mystery indeed solved. I still think that 5th gear is a little short for that 1.6L.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Honestly might have the same manual but I doubt it. In this video is looks like in 5th gear it revs a little lower then the mirage at the same speed. Looks like they were going 75 at 3500rpm, I think the mirage revs like 250rpm more at that speed (i could be wrong, i dont drive a manual mirage) but it could be wheel sizes that make that difference, if it has the same trans that is. You would think they would have lower revving manual in 5th gear with that bigger displacement engine......... or they could be just using the same trans as the mirage to save money...... who knows, if I ever come across a manual versa I think I'll have a little look under their car to see, not in a creepy way ofc hahahaha

https://youtu.be/5gs3J33ygxs?si=dowf0v_H4gLOA0UU
    Even if they had the exact same transmission I wouldn't expect a 1.2 liter 3-cylinder to rev the same as a 1.6 liter 4-cylinder. Likewise a 4-cylinder & V-6 would be different with the same transmission.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (11-10-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I think new hatches are almost dead in the US unfortunately, can't think of really any new small hatches in here besides the mirage. I mean I guess there is like the civic "hatchback" but then again that car is kinda big.
    Cars in general are dying. Sedans are facing the same problem.

I don't see myself buying another new vehicle in my lifetime. Nothing new would currently interest me.

Vehicle debt is lowering people's long term wealth.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Didn't overseas Mirage manual transmissions have a different ratio for 5th? I recall MetroMPG pointed this out years ago. Maybe same guts but different housings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Didn't overseas Mirage manual transmissions have a different ratio for 5th? I recall MetroMPG pointed this out years ago. Maybe same guts but different housings.
    Yeah that was the Euro manual with the "nerd gear" they called it for 5th.

The Mirage transmission posted above is actually from an overseas ebay auction listed under Space Star, so it likely would have that gear. The Versa transmission is NA. Even with the different 5th the housing looks the same on NA and Euro Mirages. If by same guts you mean gears and synchros on shafts then yeah I'd say so lol.
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Even if they had the exact same transmission I wouldn't expect a 1.2 liter 3-cylinder to rev the same as a 1.6 liter 4-cylinder. Likewise a 4-cylinder & V-6 would be different with the same transmission.
    The engine should rev the same if using the exact same transmission(same final drive and 5th gear ratios) if the tire diameter is the same. Taller tire=lower rpm. Then there's the rabbit hole of lower rpm vs higher load tipping point for worse fuel economy theories.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)