Thread: Mirage g4 2022 USB problem

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Mirage g4 2022 USB problem

I have problem connecting to the usb sometimes it doesnt detect carplay. Can I replace my usb slot? What part no is it? Cant find anything about this in the internet

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by payb36 View Post
    I have problem connecting to the usb sometimes it doesnt detect carplay. Can I replace my usb slot? What part no is it? Cant find anything about this in the internet
    Hello payb36 and welcome to the forum.

Forgive me for asking a stupid question but have you tried other cables? I understand some cheaper USB cables aren't up to the task with CarPlay.

Before you go through the trouble of replacing your USB port, try an easier and cheaper option first.

Here are some instructions from Apple on how to use CarPlay. The article can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Support.Apple.com
    Set up CarPlay

1. Start your car, then make sure that Siri is on.
    2. Connect your iPhone to your car:
      • If your car supports CarPlay with a USB cable, plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. The USB port might be labeled with a CarPlay icon or a smartphone icon. Be sure to use an Apple Lightning to USB cable.
      • If your car supports CarPlay both wirelessly and with a USB cable, plug your iPhone into the USB port in your car. An alert on your iPhone will offer to connect you wirelessly on your next drives.
      • If your car supports only wireless CarPlay, press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel. Make sure that your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure that Wi-Fi is also turned on. Tap the CarPlay network, and check that Auto-Join is turned on. Then, go to Settings > General > CarPlay, and select your car. Check your car manual for more information.

Emphasis added.

I understand that Apple is going to promote using their products, but that may be for compatibility & functionality as well as marketing.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-20-2023 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Updated Apple Support info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have had issues since mine was new (2021)
    Sometimes I just flip the lightning connector over and it works.
    Sometimes but not always I have to unlock the phone.
    It works after one of the above.
    What really irritates me is that if I am on a call hands free and the other party disconnects before I do then the carplay usually quits working until I turn the car off. This is on my phone and the wife's phone -- with or without brand new cable. Tried both aftermarket and new apple cable from the apple store.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello payb36 and welcome to the forum.

Forgive me for asking a stupid question but have you tried other cables? I understand some cheaper USB cables aren't up to the task with CarPlay.

Before you go through the trouble of replacing your USB port, try an easier and cheaper option first.

Here are some instructions from Apple on how to use CarPlay. The article can be found here.

Emphasis added.

I understand that Apple is going to promote using their products, but that may be for compatibility & functionality as well as marketing.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been using this car for almost 2 years now. Fixed the problem, saw the 4th connection inside the usb a bit deeper than the other 3 connection, so i lift it a bit. Only issue now is the wiggling of the cable, maybe due to wear and tear. Hoping we can change this part or upgrade it to wireless instead.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to payb36 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,155 Posts
    Thanks for the update, it's very helpful to others who face the same problem. Glad to see you got it fixed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    I have had issues since mine was new (2021)
    Sometimes I just flip the lightning connector over and it works.
    Sometimes but not always I have to unlock the phone.
    It works after one of the above.
    What really irritates me is that if I am on a call hands free and the other party disconnects before I do then the carplay usually quits working until I turn the car off. This is on my phone and the wife's phone -- with or without brand new cable. Tried both aftermarket and new apple cable from the apple store.
    My 2017 SE has the same problem, flip the lighting connector around it works. I fixed it by using another cable, was using an amazon basics connector and an older lighting connector that was falling apart, same problem on both. Once I got a brand new apple cable I have not had a problem since, I have no clue why it is like this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)