Thread: Ireland-Anyone installed cruise control on 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage? Need a little help

Country
    Ireland
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Ireland-Anyone installed cruise control on 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage? Need a little help

May be this question is already asked but I am new here and trying to figure out how to Enable the cruise control. I recently bought a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Automatic without a cruise control. Later I found a steering wheel original Mirage cruise control online and I bought it. I was able install it and the light in the cruise control is working when switching on the car but can't able to activate it. What I understand is I need to enable this function but I don't have any knowledge about this process and no garage or dealers are not ready to do this in Ireland. Anyone from Ireland have a lead to anyone who can do this OR any help on doing it myself is much appreciated.
    Thanks

With some technical ability, you can enable the feature yourself. You have to access one of the car's computers (ETACS).

Have you seen this discussion:

Thread: DIY: Installing a Daox cruise control kit & enabling in ETACs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Thank you so much. I have one more question, is there any alternative software which can work on Mac or the etacsdecoder is the only available option??
    Thanks

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    I think 2017 already have cruise control wire to ECM and 4 pin+4 wire brake switch, but you can check those anyway.
    Next, check whether the clockspring has 2 rows of pins (10 pins) and the cruise control LED on the meter cluster.
    You can use mmcodingwriter software, but i don't know if it works on Mac.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    If there is only 1 row pin You can modify it or buy the correct part number that support cruise control wire.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Modified the clockspring, donor cable is from outlander/asx's clockspring.
    I bough cheap chinese copy and added the second row cable to original clockspring. On the ASX's cable, remove some small plastic notch on the upper pin and remove extra airbag pin on the lower pin.
    Now I have full 10 pins for cruise control.

Attachment 14737Attachment 14738Attachment 14739Attachment 14740Attachment 14741Attachment 14742
    Quote Originally Posted by WALEEDMANGO View Post
    Good to know, because I was planning to buy it after I saw your post
    But I can confirm that part number : 8619A362 works perfectly on Mirage, but it has an extra airbag cable
    I have 2 new ones if you are interested, but the shipping will take long time
    Quote Originally Posted by WALEEDMANGO View Post
    Did anyone tried the clock spring part number : 8619A361 it has 10 pins and 1 airbag cable.

The other part 8619A362 works perfect but it has 2 airbag cables

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    The cruise control will still work even without LED indicator, but it would be better if it had one.
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post139286

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Thanks and cruise control pin was there and I already connected it. And clockspring has 2 rows of pin also there. Not sure about the LED on the meter cluster and will check this once i enable the cruise control. Now the issue is finding the software for Mac. If there is non I need to find some another way to do this. I checked online and looks like there is non for Mac. If anyone know some alternative for Mac please let me know.
    Thanks
    Babu

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babumonmg View Post
    Now the issue is finding the software for Mac. If there is non I need to find some another way to do this. I checked online and looks like there is non for Mac. If anyone know some alternative for Mac please let me know.
    Thanks
    Babu
    It would be easier to borrow someone's windows laptop.

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    It would be easier to borrow someone's windows laptop.
    I was able to activate the cruise control but its not working, not sure what went wrong. Cruise control is installed properly and activated it using ECTAS decoder and saved it properly. Later disconnected and reconnect the laptop and checked CC status and it is already changed to Present. No indicator in the meter cluster but i can live with that. But later when I test drive the cars CC is not activate and I am confused where I went wrong.
    Any thoughts or help
    Thanks

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babumonmg View Post
    I was able to activate the cruise control but its not working, not sure what went wrong. Cruise control is installed properly and activated it using ECTAS decoder and saved it properly. Later disconnected and reconnect the laptop and checked CC status and it is already changed to Present. No indicator in the meter cluster but i can live with that. But later when I test drive the cars CC is not activate and I am confused where I went wrong.
    Any thoughts or help
    Thanks
    Do you have any pictures of what you've done? the clockspring, the wires, brake switch, steering switch.