Thread: Automatic transmission to Manual transmission

Country
    Mexico
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Automatic transmission to Manual transmission

Hello, I'm going to buy a Mirage G4, but it has an automatic transmission, and I couldn't find it with a manual transmission.

Is it a good idea to change the automatic transmission for a manual transmission?

The most important thing is to know if it works, and what problems it may have.

I would like to read opinions from other users who have already made this modification to the Mirage.

From Mexico.

Welcome!

Sorry to say, I think it’d be easier, quicker and probably cheaper to just buy what you want. I don’t know what’s all involved to swap over from cvt to 5spd but axles are different I believe, under dash and under hood wiring harness, ecm, possible etacs, pedals, shift cables, radiator. Sounds like a lot of work to me. There might be other options for the wiring like a stand alone ecm but I haven’t played with that stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domianm View Post
    Hello, I'm going to buy a Mirage G4, but it has an automatic transmission, and I couldn't find it with a manual transmission.

Is it a good idea to change the automatic transmission for a manual transmission?

The most important thing is to know if it works, and what problems it may have.

I would like to read opinions from other users who have already made this modification to the Mirage.

From Mexico.
    Is it a Mitsubishi G4 or it's rebadged clone the Dodge Attitude? I would think that you would have much better finding a manual transmission Dodge Attitude because the manual transmission is available in both the lower SE and upper SXT trims.

And I agree with Fummins, it would be a lot of time and energy spent converting something that you could buy it OEM in the first place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)