Thread: First time with CVT

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

First time with CVT

I have recently purchased a Mirage with CVT. The car overall is great. When driving at a constant speed sometimes the cCVT feels like it is searching for the right spot. This is more noticeable when I start up an incline. I am usually driving at 80 to 90 km/hr. The revs are in the mid 2000 rpms or close to 3 000 rpms. Is this normal for a CVT. There are no warning lights and the car seems to be fine. I think just because I am new to CVT, I am not familiar with its oddities. What have you experienced people felt that is considered normal?

Welcome! What year is your car and how many miles are on it?

It’s hard to say if that’s normal or a sign of valve body or issues starting. If rpm bounces while keeping a steady speed and throttle then there might be an issue starting. It never hurts to drop the fluid and refill with new stuff. It’s easy to do. If the shift indicator on the cluster starts flashing then you’ll have a cvt code stored.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info. The tach. only changes about 100 or 200 rpms and then settles down again. I will ask service the next time I am in town. No dash lights indicating a code or trans issue.