Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings All!

I'll check back in June 2025 and see if our one 2015 Mirage has caught up to that or not. It should be at.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Welcome aboard! I was convinced by me Geo Metro friends that the Mirage was a "Modern Day Metro" and everyone who bought on loved it and I actually had to shut down Mirage discussion on Geo Metro Forum so as not to mess up search results.

New years day 2017 my daily driver truck broke down and my wife's Metro was put up for the winter. My 98 Metro was falling apart. I was between a rock and a hard place and decided to call the closest Mitsubishi dealer and give them my info knowing I had 0 credit. I got approved and bought my first brand new car! Sure, I paid a lot of interest, but the payments were cheaper than the gasoline we were putting in the old truck.

The 2017 Hatchback has been the best car I EVER owned and still have it to this day! I loved it so much I bought a new G4 this year because this car did not just save my ass, but built my credit.
    Tis an excellent post...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,107 Posts
    What I love about my Mirage: There's too many things to list. It would be a short list about what I dislike. Let's do that first.

Dislikes: The "auto" controls for the HVAC. The notchy shifting to 2nd gear. The use of that R134YF crap for refrigerant (but that's not on Mitsubishi at all).

What I like most: It's got to be the powertrain. I enjoy the look on people's faces when I tell them it's a 78 hp 3-cylinder. They're astounded. That fact that the powertrain cruises this car so pleasantly at 75 - 80 mph, pulling hills effortlessly. A random dude at a gas station (his hame was Rambo, he showed me his driver's license) came up and asked me what I towed with the car (since I leave the hitch on it). I showed him pictures and he was just floored at the car's capability. He gave me his cell number and asked me to text him the pictures. So the powertrain and the efficiency thereof. Oh, the the cheap price I paid for the car.

I made up my mind to stick to the intent of the car. The intent is to be cheap transportation. So, I'm going to keep in maintained, and do very few mods to it. 3 years and the car has not had 1 issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-11-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2023 hatchback (a Ralliart edition I got more for the styling than anything else). I love how light the car is and how it handles. The power is sufficient - I've never had trouble getting on the highway or with passing, and I think that criticisms of the car on that account have been greatly exaggerated; usually you need to pass someone because they are already going slower than you.

This was my first brand-new car, and I am enjoying the automatic wipers (they even adjust their pace to the severity of the rain), auto high-beams and auto climate control. My last car was a 2013 model, so even base features feel like an upgrade.

I haven't made any significant modifications, as I don't want to mess with anything that might be under warranty. I have gotten the windows tinted, which is a must in Texas. I've also added some weathertech wind deflectors on the driver/passenger windows (very nice so far), and had the dealer add the fog lights (total illumination noticeably brighter now). I know a lot of folks add sway bars and/or lower or stiffen the suspension to cut down on the body roll. If you really want to see the most impressive modifications, look on youtube and see what folks in Thailand and the Philippines are doing to their Mirages - it's amazing!