Thread: Hello !

Country
    France
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello !

I'm French, and I don't yet own a Space Star (the name of the Mirage in France), but I'm very interested in this little car as a potential future second car (I own a CR-V hybrid). So I'm very happy to have found this forum, where I'm sure I'll learn a lot in preparation for this future purchase. My dilemma: manual gearbox or CVT?
    Thank you in advance for your welcome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seb_fr_62 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-09-2023)

Welcome!
    Get whichever one you prefer. Both can be super reliable. I'd test-drive both before deciding if you can. I went with the cvt cause I'm lazy and get tired of clutching in traffic. I just had a 2017 Cvt Mirage in the shop that has over 500,000kms.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    France
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply.
    I was a bit puzzled about their reliability, but the feedback on the forum seems good about them.
    That said, used or stock CVTs are rarer in France, and of course more expensive, which is perhaps at odds with the spirit of this car...
    I think when I've made up my mind, I'll try a manual not too far away, and see if it suits me.
    But it's true that the automatic gearbox in traffic jams is a real plus - I sometimes spend hours in it morning and evening.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and let us know what you find.