Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not yet owner

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    One standard deduction is what old gets you. LOL. So like 2K off your adjusted gross income. Not much of a difference. That is I don't pay taxes on 2K more that I would if I were younger. Big deal.

The thing they don't tell you when you're 20's is that deferred tax is another way of saying "I'll take more later, a higher rate". Time value of money thing. Wife is still working and will be for some years yet. Which puts me at the highest SS tax bracket. LOL

Dad's insurance on his home, and he's 95, is more than his PITI on then note when he bough it in the 50's by a factor of 3. My draw is more than I made per year the first third of my life. So....

Doing is again I would have done the match only and the difference in a ROTH or tax free muni's. 70 and still being schooled.

I shoulda, coulda, woulda started saving 25 years ago but cars and beer were more fun. Now I have another 15 years to go til I can paint the front door red. The wife now makes more money than I do but she's farther up the totem pole at her company than I am at mine.

If I could have a do over I'd start dumping a little into stocks many moons ago. I didn't start til the flu went around. A close family member started investing 40 some years ago and learned as they went. Lived a pretty frugal life just to be able to retire at 62 lol Now they're retired and their family is all busy working. Turns out they have enough money invested that they are living comfortably just on their dividends, making the same income they did while working which was pretty decent.

I'm bad with savings, everytime I get a bit saved up I come up with a good reason to blow it on something with wheels. Could be worse...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (04-24-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    My teenage daughter learned on our various manual transmission cars. At 15½ she began learning on Speck, then our 2009 Ford Fusion and then my 1980 CJ-7.

I think it's a point of pride to be able to pass that skill along, like a confidence builder.

During it's rebuild I converted the Dana 300 transfer case on the Jeep to twin stick. That'll keep them thieves away for sure.

My kid is going to learn on my standard even if it kills both of us. She has no choice. Her idiot mother would let her learn on a pony with skittles if it was possible. I want my kid to be different and ahead of the cookie cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The Mirage has the highest rate of theft in my town!*

* That's because there are only 5 Mirages in this town, and one owner I talked to used to leave her keys in it.

Fortunately, it also has a manual transmission. The idiots who took it drew so much attention to themselves trying to figure out how to drive it away that they didn't get very far.
    The Keystone Kops meet a standard automobile. Would be quite a funny silent flick

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My adult students tend to be my most difficult students to teach. My younger students are paired up with someone. They have to drive 6 hours & observe someone 6 hours (Six - 2-hour lessons) to fulfill the obligation of behind-the-wheel lessons in my state. They must also log 50 hours of adult supervised driving before taking the driving test.

Overall, being a driving instructor is a great part-time job. I don't even have to grade them. I tell them that I am their coach getting them ready for the big game (passing their DMV driving test, which is done by a WI DMV license examiner).
    As a former college prof who taught too many adults in my career, I'll say chimps are likely easier to educate than adults. And for some stupid reason every woman I ever met and had a decently long thing with, I had to teach them to drive. Always on a standard. Fun times.

Oh, and I was the teenaged retard you all knew that flunked his first driving test so he lit up his tires in the DMV lot just to "show the man"

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Don't get me started. I'm in a no good mood this morning, they likely waste ... 70% of it. And I mean WASTE. It doesn't even make it in to some bureaucrat crook's scheming pocket. It's just gone for nothing.

I HATE THEM ALL. They all suck. I'm going to look around and see if I can find some classes on how to duck out of paying Federal income taxes. And the amount I pay is quite small compared to the numbers mentioned above.

Grumpy - I'd be a little more than grumpy if I lost my Mirage fund to gobment waste... Kudos to you.
    Here's the thing people are too stupid to understand and even stupider for allowing it to happen.
    Every year every government on the planet has to borrow money, sometimes HUGE sums to cover a deficit.
    Well, guess what? If they can borrow enough to cover deficits, they could eliminate income tax and simply borrow more to cover the missed tax!!!! It's the math, stupid.

Don't rag on about fiscal responsibility. There is NO SUCH THING in the western world. And all money is created from thin air. Think about it.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Don't rag on about fiscal responsibility. There is NO SUCH THING in the western world. And all money is created from thin air. Think about it.
    Read Luke 4:6 and ask, who is pulling the strings.

If you're going to be angry, be angry for the right reason and at the right person. East and west is smoke and mirrors.