Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tesla Has The Highest Accident Rate Of Any Auto Brand

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I can't speak to all the reasons why Tesla drivers get into more accidents as I'm sure there are many different scenarios. But I will say that it's easily the most powerful car I've ever driven. Going from a 3-cylinder Mirage to a Tesla Model 3 that can accelerate 0-60mph in 4.2 seconds is a big jump.

Back in the day I have taken a performance driver's school so I have a little background but no experience with this kind of power. My one big takeaway from that school is aggressive driving needs to be done on a track, not public roads.

The power is intoxicating. It'll go right to your head and cloud better judgement. The car better be pointed in the right direction before stomping on the accelerator, because the car is going to get there a lot quicker than you would expect. If you're not ready for it, trouble just might ensue.

Another funny thing - maybe related, maybe not - some Tesla owners go through a set of tires in around 10,000 miles, I suspect from hard driving.

Just for a point of reference, I'm not paying half the amount claimed in that graphic, not even close. And mine isn't the base model - it's only the second cheapest one offered because I paid extra for the long-range battery pack.

Must be something about Texas drivers, I don't know.
    I have noticed some Tesla drivers are extremely aggressive. Mirage owners can pull that off even if they want to!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-25-2023)