Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Here, with my 1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Manual

You're probably the only active member on this forum with a Mirage that old. Most others are the current body style(2012-now). I only recall seeing 2 like yours in the last 5 years and there's a good chance they were the same car. You're more than welcome here. You'll probably find more useful info/help here than from a facecrack group.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-21-2023),Spaethon (12-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Re:

Holy moly, only 2 in 5 years?! Funny, I've only seen 2 Mirages like mine around my area since getting her in '15. They're rare these days, probably because being economy cars, most probably weren't loved at all.

Since she kept breaking down a few weeks ago, I wish I found the Forum back then but it's all good. Most of the parts I've changed lately I never heard of before, and it was a choice between learning how to fix everything myself or take it to the shop which, given everything that's been changed would probably have cost like $1,500+. But i plan to take her in next week so the mechanic can give a clean bill of health, anf knowing thatbI did everything right.

It'll be great to browse around on here for more tips, ideas, suggestions. Itll be cool to lend out my 90s Mirage wisdom (if the rare chance were to arise and lucky enough to know the answer).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spaethon For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-22-2023)

I don't mean to chase you off, but aren't there any active forums for Mirages that generation?

I believe they were also sold in North America as the Dodge Colt (rebadge job by Chrysler - maybe a Plymouth rebadge too?). I actually test drove a 5-speed 2-door Colt like yours - one of the few brand new cars I've test-driven!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)