Thread: I'm back, transmission P0796 not my fault

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I'm back, transmission P0796 not my fault

So, I sold my 2017 Mirage G4 with 75K to someone who needed a car about 2 months ago. The car was in an accident and the transmission was toast. I replaced the transmission with one that had about 78K on from salvage yard. Drove the for 6 months without issues, multiple 4 hour round trips and not a single hiccup. They called me yesterday stating the car would not get up to speed and he put transmission fluid in the transmission because he said it was low. My heart sunk. It turns out he thought the car was running funny, so he pulls into Autozone and checks the fuild while the car it running. Heart sunk again. He then dumps a whole quart of Valvoline ATF in the transmission. The car is now displaying P0796 Primary Pressure Solenoid. Do you think flushing the transmission and filling with new fluid would solve the issue or just look for another transmission?

What are friends for. One of my friends did this to the tires on my truck Attachment 26261 So that was cool. I had to drive home 4hrs like that with a big camper in the box and towing a heavy equipment trailer, in February. Buddy was trying to be a big helper and effed up big time jack-knifing the truck and trailer on an icy road to a lease site. Was suppossed to bring me a tool kit from my truck and run it to me on a quad but decided to take the truck instead and didn't know the front driveshaft was removed...

Anyways... Turns out that my car threw this same code before I owned it. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...0796-Limp-Mode I guess I musta bought the car about a year later in early 2020 with 283k kms. I drove it for 6 month and the cvt usually worked well enough but would surge on the highway. I replaced it after the engine cratered. When I tore it down I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it and wonder if replacing the valve body would have cured the surging.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)