Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing coolant in 2015 Mirage ES 98 K miles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Do you guys know why they eat so much sushi in South Korea?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Do you guys know why they eat so much sushi in South Korea?
    "The Japanese claim that Korean sushi recipes did not emerge until the early 20th century when Japan annexed Korea. It is said that the people of Korea were fond of Japanese sushi creations and found ways to make the recipe their own by incorporating Korean ingredients and cooking techniques to make kimbap." Jun 18, 2020

This is proof that I will google search anything!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,100 Posts
    But the answer is wrong. The reason they eat so much sushi is because they didn't discover fire in South Korea until the mid 1990's. Flick a Bic in front of a South Korean and STILL to this day, they are mesmerized, like a caveman. No joke.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ken2400 View Post
    I went to the dealer and asked for their finest coolant.
    They sell "Super genuine" about $23

The larger container is what dumped out
    The small glass is new coolant.

8 oz small full glass is what came out after opening the 6 mm hex plug on the back of the motor.
    Like the video said it's not worth bother with BUT I confirmed that.

I filled everything up and still have about 1/10 of gal left.

Thanks for the help.
    my mirage is already nearing 80kms and its 10yrs now so im gonna do my DIY maintenance this saturday.

so its not really necessary to remove the 6 mm hex plug at the back of the engine since ill be using the same coolant?

I already bought a super long life which was the same with my old coolant. So its safe to proceed just by draining the rad then refill instead of drain rad + 6mm cylinder block.
    Last edited by mitsumi; 06-13-2024 at 05:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    my mirage is already nearing 80kms and its 10yrs now so im gonna do my DIY maintenance this saturday.

so its not really necessary to remove the 6 mm hex plug at the back of the engine since ill be using the same coolant?

I already bought a super long life which was the same with my old coolant. So its safe to proceed just by draining the rad then refill instead of drain rad + 6mm cylinder block.
    You can always drain, fill with distilled water and a little bit of coolant (100ml or so) and flush several times until the approximate water content is about 100% (with a little bit of coolant to keep seals lubricated).

Then measure out your coolant amount add distilled water and go.

Since you are likely in a hot climate, you could probably run the minimum 15% coolant concentration and get away with 625ml/4200ml capacity of coolant.

This method helps you change out all the old coolant without touching the hex plug or costing alot.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 705 Posts
    Before adding fresh stuff, try getting the rest of the old stuff out! Why? While both new and old collant may be suited for the car, the two might not be mixable without decomposition of certain ingredients. Furthermore, the engine blocks of our cars are made of a special alloy, suitable for high-pressure die casting. It can get minute cracks with wrong coolant. Remember, the Mirage has a different coolant than every other Mitsubishi! See Glysantin website, the site of the world's largest by volume coolant maker.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post

I'd try to pull the plug. I've seen the coolant that came out of other cars from that part of the globe and it wasn't pretty. If it doesn't come out then a bunch of drain and refills would be the next best thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (06-16-2024)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    wew! id never do the cylinder hex bolt again!

its really a pain!

so i wasnt able to remove it because of how its placed at the back and i dont have a lift at home and its hard to reach at the back because of a heat shield and i cant have force to unscrew it

what i did, is i just drained and refill with the new coolant and run engine for morethan 30mins until no bubbles appear. didnt flush with distilled though i bout a 10liters distilled.

now i just have to do refills every year instead.
    Last edited by mitsumi; 06-16-2024 at 03:51 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 705 Posts
    That should be OK.
    Recheck every now and then for air pockets. Under the cap it should be 100% full, and the expansion container about half full. The FSM has more.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (06-16-2024),mohammad (Yesterday)