Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone used the Nissen heater core in their Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you can easily disconnect the Rostra from your pedal assembly, I would do that. Then clear the code and see if it comes back.
    Well, it's very infrequent that it's happening. Like every few days. I found that the plug going in to the accelerator pedal wasn't snapped all the way down and the plug going in to the back of the odbii port where the rostra is plugged in wasnt pushed all the way in either. Could I be so lucky?

I also found when I went to clear the code just now from last night it was also showing P2122 in addition.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casey For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-15-2024),Top_Fuel (02-15-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    ...the plug going in to the accelerator pedal wasn't snapped all the way down
    ...the plug going in to the back of the odbii port where the rostra is plugged in wasn't pushed all the way in
    Sounds like a cheap fix to me! Let us know if that solves the issue.

And if you think about it, see if you can get a picture under the dash where the heater core tubes are going into the side of the heater box. I'm curious to see if they had to trim anything to get it to work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I've made about ten trips totaling around 7 hours and it hasn't done it again! I'm thinking that was the fix! Whew! I'll post some pics below. I can't tell if they cut anything or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Casey For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-21-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, dang, not so easy. It started doing it again. I really don't want to leave it with the dealer again, it's such a far drive.