Thread: Just picked up my "brand new" 2013 Space Star today

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Smile Just picked up my "brand new" 2013 Space Star today

Hello everyone,

Today I picked up my first ever Mitsubishi Space Star. It is from 2013 and it has driven (only) 105,000 km (65,000 miles). I will be using it for the daily commute to my new job, which is about 30 minutes from where I live.
    I choose this particular car for its reliability, fuel economy, low weight (= low taxes here) while still providing enough room.
    Because I am not a fan of washing cars, I looked for a (boring) grey color. In my experience, grey will last the longest before looking dirty

For a 10 year old car, the car's exterior and interior are in great shape. I hired a car expert to accompany me on the test drive and to check out all the technical aspects. He was also impressed by the technical state of the car. So it is off to a good start.

It has the 1.0L, 70hp motor and it is the slightly more luxurious "intense" edition (the editions are probably regional this edition has leather steering wheel, leather gearshifter, rainsensor and keyless entry).

I would really like to add cruise control to this car (this is how I found this forum btw).
    Also a rear camera is essential for me (I keep backing into objects that are dead center behind the car, underneath the line of sight). For this I will be adding an Android Auto/Apple Carplay headunit for fun . Who knows what else will come up; I have the feeling this car will be with me for a while .
    Since I am not a mechanic, I hope to get some support every now and then

Here are a few pictures of my new Space Star. Since it was dark by the time I took the car home, the pictures are from the dealership, but (surprise) the car looks exactly like the pictures :P

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  92.9 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  81.3 KB
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  86.9 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  94.7 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  60.8 KB

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gabriel-LG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (01-19-2024),Dookaughs (01-20-2024),Fummins (01-20-2024),MetroMPG (01-20-2024),twister77 (01-20-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome, great colour!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.3 mpg (US) ... 18.8 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,143 Posts
    Your car looks in excellent shape. Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by Mark; 01-20-2024 at 04:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, it looks like you've acquired a gem!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, that's a BEAUTY in great shape! Best of luck.

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the warm welcome

Welcome, Gabriel-LG!

Congrats on your new Space Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel-LG View Post
    It has the 1.0L, 70hp motor
    I am envious! Please send it to me when you're finished with it. We only got the 1.2L high-performance engine (joke) on this side of the pond.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Welcome Gabriel-LG. I'll confirm, your color choice is correct to accomplish as you stated. I've owned 3 silver vehicles. And they did always just look less dirty than what they actually were.

And you got a 5 speed too! Good job! That car should last a looooong time. Congrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)