Thread: Adding SWC to 2013 Space Star. Wiring harness and clockspring question

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Adding SWC to 2013 Space Star. Wiring harness and clockspring question

My new 2013 Space Star does not have any steering wheel controls.
    I would very much like to know whether it is possible/feasible to install this set

First off, the clock spring needs to have enough pins to support this. So I removed the trim from the steering wheel column, and found that all 10 pins are present on that side of the clock spring. Does that mean that the steering wheel side also has all 10 pins available?
    Name:  IMG_20240120_144750747.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  82.2 KB
    (for your orientation, I used a dentist mirror to view the pins).

Secondly, my wiring harness is not prepared for SWC. There is only 1 single wire (the horn) connecting to the clock spring. Is it feasible to add the remaining wires to support SWC? That would mean adding supply voltage for the buttons, button output and (optional) supply power for the button backlights.
    Name:  IMG_20240120_145004005.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  86.6 KB
    (so sad...)

For now, mutimedia controls will be enough, although I would love to add cruise control some day

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have taken a gamble with regards to the clockspring, and just ordered the Steering Wheel Controls.

The supply voltage and signal from the buttons will be wired directly into the radio, so that should just work.
    For the button backlighting, I will splice into the illumination wire of either the radio or the Automatic Start Stop button.

What type of crimp used in the white connector shown in the first post? I have access to a number of crimp tools at work.
    Alternatively, I could harvest some crimped wires from the Mitsubishi-ISO convertor cable, if that fits (I ordered a spare).
    Does anybody know?