Quote Originally Posted by OrganicFoxes View Post
Congrats, I think you will be able to do 1 million km. One thing I would recommend is doing full cvt services. I am kinda a nerd for cvts so here we go again. You can get away with just a simple drain and fill, it will make it last pretty long with just that. Personally I do not think it will do one million kilometers with just that.

There are metal shavings that end up in the fluid from normal use, and they make their way onto the magnets that are on the bottom on the transmission pan. If those magnets get full then excess metal shavings will circulate through your transmission and wear it down and eventually break something that causes it to fail. Maybe not every single transmission service, but at least every other transmission service I would recommend dropping the transmission pan. Replace the valve body/pan filter (catches bigger metal shavings), replace the pan gasket and the oil filter as well as clean the trans pan and magnets off with brake parts cleaner.

Sounds complicated but you can do it for relatively cheap and it is not super hard to do. (you are saving an insane amount of money by doing it yourself, even with dropping the pan to clean the magnets) There are vidoes on YouTube about it if you want to learn to do it yourself. Might sound daunting at first but it is very necessary for keeping your car as long term as 1 million km. I knew nothing about cars when I got the mirage and I have learned to do everything myself and have saved money in the process. (and if I'm being real I don't trust others working on the my car) Great car to learn to work on.

Thank you for that!!!

I replied to fummins and spoke about the transmission smoothness. I just broke the vehicle in today, 1000km is it supposed to be not the smoothest thing in the world?