Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2024 Canada vs USA base trim comparison

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm pragmatic. A car takes you from one location to another regardless of how much you pay for it. Thing is, the Mirage seems not just able but willing to do this for a multiple of time and distance a car twice its price cannot. If I overpay a bit......it's okay. Just wish I could buy a Canadian car.

Yeah, mine is just a tool to me. I used to try to keep up with friends and family who had nicer things. Used to by designer mac and snap on tools off the rape wagon too. Now most of my tools are bought from a store rather than a truck and I don't care what my car looks like to others. It's like finding a tool at princess auto/harbor freight that works great and is a fraction of the cost of a snap on. Why pay more for something that does the same job but with less lipstick and extra packaging?

For reliability and practicality, I like the Mirage. I don't care what people think of my car but it is the Rodney Dangerfield of the car world, even more so on the road at times. It's taught me to drive more defensively and patiently. My own car is the ultimate idgaf-mobile lol Scratches all over, roof is dented in, rust spots. I love being able to have zero cares about someone scratching or doorprizing it in a parking lot.
    It's all relative, buy a Mirage that costs considerably more than it did 10 years ago or buy a Corolla that costs considerably more than it did 10 years ago. However, I think the price of the Mirage has gone up more, especially since there isn't much for competition anymore.

For those that bought new Mirages. Don't feel like you overpaid. Work almost always buys new vehicles. When the china flu was going around there were no new ones so went with used. I looked at one clean, low mileage one and failed to notice a bunch of problems til after the fact. I figured low mileage and clean carfax, what could go wrong...The dealer messed up the dash wiring harness and the owner did some weird things to it. There were a few other Mirages bought used from a body shop that repaired a few write-offs, I had to spend a day on each re-routing wiring harness, replacing missing bolts, forgetting to bolt up an impact sensor and other random crap that they messed up. At least with the new, you don't have any of those issues. If doing your maintenance then you know that there aren't gonna be any hidden surprises down the road from sloppy work. Just because a dealer works on a car, doesn't mean it's done correctly. Dealer replaced a cvt in a work car, most was good but they cross-threaded a bolt on top of the transmission that holds the shift cable bracket down. It was half installed at an angle until they said good enough, there's a second bolt anyway... A different dealer in town replaced the engine in one of my Mirages, they seemed to do a better job, all I noticed was the wiring harness wasn't clipped back into place in a few spots though I never did look under it before selling the car.

My current car has never seen a dealer since it was new(afaik). It's got a pile of overdue recall notices in the glovebox still lol...one is for the airbag light going off when hitting a hard bump, kick panel connector and I can't remember the others...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-08-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My first car was a 1970 F100 with a super-efficient 6.39L engine. For the next 20 years and 50 some vehicles later I finally got tired of being car-poor.

The purpose of my first post was to show what a price difference there is across the boarder. $4000usd difference for basically the same car.

I missed the collision avoidance part that comes standard in the US. Is that mandatory equipment in the US now?

I believe automagic headlights and tail lights are mandatory here in the land of the Turd(-oh) as of 2024.
    I have only really followed the Mirage since purchasing a new one in 2017. From 2017 to 2023 the price range of a Mirage in the states was $2,000 (disregarding the ES manual). It didn't matter if Mitsubishi was offering 4 or 5 trim levels. Various ones over the past 7 years have included the ES, RF, LE, SE, BE, & GT. If I missed one, I apologize.

Regardless of the trim levels offered in any given year, the CVT price range was always $2,000. I didn't include 2024, because I believe the price range is now $2,200 (from the ES to the SE).

If someone is going to keep a car like the Mirage for a long time, they should buy the trim level that makes them happy. My hope is to go 15+ years without a car payment of any type. That's provided my 2017 Mirage & 2011 Forester won't need to be replaced.

I actually had a manual transmission choice back in 2017. Richard of White Bear Mitsubishi quoted me $9,000 for the ES manual & $9,800 for the SE manual. Any of the qualifying $500 rebates (loyalty, VIP, or military) at the time would have been subtracted from the above quotes. A brand new ES manual could have been as low $7,500 & the SE manual could have been $8,300. The 2017 SE manual was well equipped for that price!

Times have changed big time!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (02-08-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Tool, yes, but one I take some pride in, keeping equipment neat, clean and orderly. I take joy in the maintenance of equipment.

Both serve practical functions as well.

I used to be less concerned with the 'look' but found the look also impacts its useful life. For some time, I was sending perfectly good powertrains to the scrappers because the body or frame gave way. Now I have a pickup nearing 200K with a showroom body, interior and running gear. Someday I'll fine that balance. Looking for it keeps me 'engaged' and that keeps me alive.

Machines and animals are more dependable than humans. LOL.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The photos on https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/...i/configurator still show poverty rims on the base trim in canada

but on the comparison breakdown it says they all come with Alloy rims
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-09-2024),inuvik (02-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    If it were known that 2024 was going to be the last model year, and a manual transmission was available, yes, I would tempted.
    The Mirage is confirmed to be produced (for sale) in Mexico 2024 year model with manual transmissions... in any Color you want, but its the G4 only.... there is the Dodge Attitude variant but they cost cut that thing, it may not even be legal to drive in the US. I'm doing a 'The Status of the 2023 Mitsubishi Manuals" thread which has all the latest info on the Attitude and Mexico Mirage.