Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Status of the 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage 5 speed manuals (as of Febuary 2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Cruise control became standard for all Mirage trim levels in 2019.
    You are technically correct... but only for specific regions/countries. For example, the Canadian manual 22/23 cars do not have cruise control... It also didn't have electric locks, and manual windows in the back. But i'm looking at an American 21' ES 5speed, 4 power windows, locks and that had cruise in the factory spec sheet. *The video with the 23MT had the dealer guy
    reaching over to unlock the passenger door... if all doors were locked and you had to get to the rear passenger door, you technically would have to unlock the driver door, reach over to the passenger door, unlock that.. go around to the passenger door, open it and then reach behind the seat to finally unlock that passenger rear door... its crazy haha.

The Dodge Attitude is the bare bones for the Mexican specs... like regulations say you have to have airbags for the front passengers only, so the 2023 model only has 2 airbags... but the 23 Mexican Mirage has 6. I will say that on the specs, the Attutide is 1 mpg better... that is most likely because all the extra weight like window motors and gears are missing...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyptr View Post
    You are technically correct... but only for specific regions/countries. For example, the Canadian manual 22/23 cars do not have cruise control... It also didn't have electric locks, and manual windows in the back. But i'm looking at an American 21' ES 5speed, 4 power windows, locks and that had cruise in the factory spec sheet. *The video with the 23MT had the dealer guy
    reaching over to unlock the passenger door... if all doors were locked and you had to get to the rear passenger door, you technically would have to unlock the driver door, reach over to the passenger door, unlock that.. go around to the passenger door, open it and then reach behind the seat to finally unlock that passenger rear door... its crazy haha.

The Dodge Attitude is the bare bones for the Mexican specs... like regulations say you have to have airbags for the front passengers only, so the 2023 model only has 2 airbags... but the 23 Mexican Mirage has 6. I will say that on the specs, the Attutide is 1 mpg better... that is most likely because all the extra weight like window motors and gears are missing...
    There was an American flag by your name. Thus, I went down that road. I think everyone reading my post knows that. If I deceived someone, I apologize!

Most everyone knows each country has different trim levels with different standard features.

Canada mandates day running lights. U.S. mandates back up cameras since 2018. The list goes on & on!

I buy my cars in America. Mitsubishi doesn't currently sell any new vehicles I would be interested in. I really like my 2017 Mirage ES manual, & I would buy another Mirage ES manual. Sadly, new ones don't exist here in the States. I'm not shopping elsewhere.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Have a 2023 mirage 5speed manual ES from Canada bought new from dealer.
    Was extremely hard to find, told the dealership I did not want the CVT manual only, and suddenly they discovered one in stock.

I think the mirage 5speed new from dealership is extinct and unavailable in Canada/USA

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 2,154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Have a 2023 mirage 5speed manual ES from Canada bought new from dealer.
    Was extremely hard to find, told the dealership I did not want the CVT manual only, and suddenly they discovered one in stock.

I think the mirage 5speed new from dealership is extinct and unavailable in Canada/USA
    I believe Canada carried the manual option one year longer.

A small car without a manual transmission is not something I can wrap my head around. I may be stuck driving Mazda Miata manuals some day!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I believe Canada carried the manual option one year longer.
    Usually, or typically, in order to cut off a vendor either from one part to switch to another, or just one part completely, the cutoff point is DIFFICULT to get exactly straight on an assembly line ... without scrap. It can be done accurately and easily WITH scrap. But it is much more efficient to NOT have to scrap.

So, it is very easy to cut off the U.S.A. vehicles from receiving a manual transmission by a date, and if there are some number, like 168 manual transmissions leftover that the vendor has remaining, well "let's just throw those into Canadian destination vehicles to get rid of them."

Not saying that's how it went. Just saying, that's how it could have went. That's fairly typical.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-12-2024)