Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Status of the 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage 5 speed manuals (as of Febuary 2024)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

The Status of the 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage 5 speed manuals (as of Febuary 2024)

On facebook, there was a woman who posted that she bought a Mirage in the New Jersey area... and as of December 2023 there was sitting a 5 Speed manual. She assumed it was a 2024, but after doing some digging, it was indeed a 23'. I have been in contact with several dealers and they checked regional managers... some managers stated there were no 5speeds for 23... but two did confirm a few slipped thru the cracks in the USA... but Canada received a small but decent allotment. MOST... if not all were ES specs, and MOST were as base a car as it came.. with back crank windows and no cruise control, only available in Grey or White.

None of the managers which confirmed the 23' 5speeds existence, could locate any unsold cars... one said it might be possible one was on a dealers lot as a promo, but other then that, they are totally sold out.

I have no ideas on any other markets other then the USA or Canada.
    If you have anything to add.. or if you indeed have a 23' 5 speed, this is the place to comment!

I just stumbled across a used 2022 5spd not far from me. They want about $3000 more than new msrp was if I'm not mistaken, I swore they were advertised starting at $14k last year. What a bargain... $17,900 cad.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...kly-o/m7842667

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Here's a 2023 for sale in Calgary. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...s-5mt/m7673127

And yeah, roll up rear windows, no cruise. I'm not sure if keyless entry was even available on the Canada spec 5speeds. Some earlier years were available with far more options and some had even less(no ac).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyptr View Post
    On facebook, there was a woman who posted that she bought a Mirage in the New Jersey area... and as of December 2023 there was sitting a 5 Speed manual. She assumed it was a 2024, but after doing some digging, it was indeed a 23'. I have been in contact with several dealers and they checked regional managers... some managers stated there were no 5speeds for 23... but two did confirm a few slipped thru the cracks in the USA... but Canada received a small but decent allotment. MOST... if not all were ES specs, and MOST were as base a car as it came.. with back crank windows and no cruise control, only available in Grey or White.

None of the managers which confirmed the 23' 5speeds existence, could locate any unsold cars... one said it might be possible one was on a dealers lot as a promo, but other then that, they are totally sold out.

If you have anything to add.. or if you indeed have a 23' 5 speed, this is the place to comment!
    I have one of those last gems (2023 gray es, 5mt, roll up rear windows, no cruise)

It was HARD to find one, and I had to buy it on the phone. I called EVERY dealer in Ontario, Canada, and many others out of province, in fall of 2022, and nobody had any manuals, and no dealer would even take a deposit and order me one.

One dealer called back a few weeks later, and said that I must put a deposit on it right away, and pay full MSRP on it.

I heard of one other manual mirage purchase after mine in Canada (someone mentioned it here)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigMW For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,158 Posts

I don't think any changes were made to the Mirage between 2022 & 2023 other than the manual transmission option was dropped. Whether your car is a 2022 or 2023, it's basically the exact same car in the States.

I could see an overlap of 2022/2023 Mirages being on the lot at the same time. Although one might be labeled an 2023, it's really no different than a 2022 (unless I am really missing something here). So I could see where some late 2022 manual models might be mixed with the newer 2023 models.

The States ended the manual option in 2022, but I'm sure some were sold into 2023.

Canada ended the manual option in 2023. Do some still exist today? I don't know?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is another interesting wrinkle... according to DODGE of Mexico... aka the Dodge Attitude aka Mitsubishi Mirage G4.... the 2023 g4 was available with manual transmissions.... SE and SXT trims... and interestingly in 4 colors... White, Silver, Dark Grey and Red. I have no information on its availability yet vs CVTs, but perhaps rare like the Canadian cars would be my guess. Over the next week I'll try to check other markets, especially Thailand and the Philippines ect... (not that would help anybody in North America getting one, lol).
    Last edited by Tommyptr; 02-10-2024 at 02:31 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like after 21' (Almost all the 21' 5speeds came with cruse that I see online for sale)... 22 and 23 MT cars were spec'ed exactly the same to possibly get rid of all the excess inventory of LOW trim pieces (aka like the 2 power window switch arm rests) and non adjustable seats. Its a shame they had the same mentality as the 90's concerning these cars... the 5speed was the bargain basement option... when in this day and age its truely the opposite.. the manual car (Granted 6 or 7 speed) is the ultimate thing to have in a sports car. If instead of a 3rd world trim... i think they would have sold well as an 'Manual with Every Option.... regardless... on the forums these last MT cars are coveted... but how much more could they have been!!! *(Not discounting at all the charm of the 'nothing extra aesthetic though, thats what makes them truly unique)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommyptr For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (02-10-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Here is another interesting wrinkle... according to DODGE of Mexico... aka the Dodge Attitude aka Mitsubishi Mirage G4.... the 2023 g4 was available with manual transmissions.... SE and SXT trims... and interestingly in 4 colors... White, Silver, Dark Grey and Red. I have no information on its availability yet vs CVTs, but perhaps rare like the Canadian cars would be my guess. Over the next week I'll try to check other markets, especially Thailand and the Philippines ect... (not that would help anybody in North America getting one, lol).
    Is it possible to import from Mexico to USA, or same strict rules apply?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OK, WE got something interesting going on.... I cant read Mexican, but my thought was to check out the 2024 Dodge Attitude cars on youtube (for a visual inspection)

... and here is a 2024 Grey Manual car.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3qiPCOOdQ
    ...and here is a 2024 Red Manual car... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-POUGNnOXw

and I see several others... the argument that Mitusbishi used up the last 5speeds no longer holds water.
    So...now, WHY discontinue it in the States and Canada, unless the sales were so low, and on average the prior years, the incentives/discounts were too high....

I'm adding more information... Mitsubishi itself also sells the G4 as a Mirage (not a Dodge) in Mexico... according to the website you can order it as a manual 5 speed (in any color you want).
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.mx/modelos/mirage-g4

Other differences, Mirage has Hill Start Assist and Stability Control, but the Attitude does not have them. There is a general price difference of about 19000 MN between them...

The Mirage has 6 air bags, while the Attitude only has 2. There is also something different about the Attitude's brakes in comparison to the Mirage, the translation isn't 'super'... but can it be the Attitude does not have ABS? The reviewer (comparing 23 Attitude vs 23 Mirage) says a 'critical feature is different in the braking system.. making the Mirage a better car"

So my assumption, is Dodge got the bare bones safety features required for Mexican Market.... and the Mirage is still decently US and or Canadian type spec'ed. I'd say this makes the Attitude version much harder to import, but not saying it isn't impossible.

Additional edit... the base Attitude only comes with 2 speakers... the higher trim comes with 4... that is some insane cost cutting! I was joking with a dealer on the phone the Canadian spec cars were sort of 3rd world with the manual crank windows... but this is on a whole other level! Dodge keeps this up, the 2025 might come with a 'tiller' instead of a steering wheel.
    Last edited by Tommyptr; 02-10-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,158 Posts
    It looks like after 21' (Almost all the 21' 5speeds came with cruse that I see online for sale)... 22 and 23 MT cars were spec'ed exactly the same to possibly get rid of all the excess inventory of LOW trim pieces (aka like the 2 power window switch arm rests) and non adjustable seats. Its a shame they had the same mentality as the 90's concerning these cars... the 5speed was the bargain basement option... when in this day and age its truely the opposite.. the manual car (Granted 6 or 7 speed) is the ultimate thing to have in a sports car. If instead of a 3rd world trim... i think they would have sold well as an 'Manual with Every Option.... regardless... on the forums these last MT cars are coveted... but how much more could they have been!!! *(Not discounting at all the charm of the 'nothing extra aesthetic though, thats what makes them truly unique)
    Cruise control became standard for all Mirage trim levels in 2019.

A 2014-15 ES & 2017 Mirage SE manual would also have factory cruise.

A 2014-15 DE & 2017-18 ES would not have factory cruise control.

After market cruise control can be added to any vehicle. Some forum members have worked around the issue & activated the factory cruise on their 2014-15 DE & 2017-18 ES.

Mitsubishi trim levels are confusing, because the ES was the top trim level in 2014-15, but it became the base trim level in 2017+.