Thread: Hi !

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi !

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have recently purchased a 2016 Mirage for my partner to replace her 2012 Colt after she hit a deer and totalled it. (Shame, that was a great car). She had a 2003 Spacestar before that and I've owned various Mitsi's in the past so know my way around them fairly well now !
    So far the Mirage has impressed both of us, quite a rare car here in the UK but then I drive a 2020 Subaru Outback and they are also quite rare here ! The Mirage has had a few bits replaced since we got it. I replaced one of the alloy wheels which was quite badly kerbed. (Found an immaculate one cheap on eBay !) Needed a new radiator due to a small leak so that's been done, a new battery (8 years old, to be expected) and replaced the drivers seat due to the heater element failing in the original. (Found a whole seat from a 2020 car that was better condition than the original, again an eBay special !)
    It's not perfect, got a few scratches and dents but looks good now I've polished it up, polar white with the black wheels and tinted windows makes it stand out a bit.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattUK For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-11-2024),inuvik (02-12-2024)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Welcome - Nice to hear about the Mirage / Space Star from the UK perspective. Oh, and ... pictures or it never happened!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)