Thread: Hello hello and mabuhay from the Philippine Islands! [ 2015 PH Mirage GLX ]

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cool Hello hello and mabuhay from the Philippine Islands! [ 2015 PH Mirage GLX ]

So I haven't been to forums since around the mid 2000s but am supremely stoked to see one dedicated to the Mirage still up and running with a lovely community to boot. Lurked around for a couple days before finally making myself known as the freshest, officially registered mirageforum.com rookie.

Happy to see some fellow Filipinos out and about, happier still to realize the Mirage still has support and love from all around. My wife's daily driver is a Mirage GLX we acquired brand new a little over 8 years ago (2015) and has gone through more than its fair share of bumps and bruises. Recently, she's been hinting that maybe our Mirage needs to be refreshed and that she's been not-so-secretly looking at those fancy new EVs zipping around. Seeing the price tags on those and with no tax breaks / government subsidies in sight, I'm gonna be forum deepdiving and making sure that this Mirage gets a refresh as far as my zero-to-little DIY skills can take me. I'll be calling myself Mirage Master when it's all said and done, but for now I take my humble place at the feet of legends past and present, eager to learn while awaiting my turn (thought of making it rhyme somehow).

Waving and wishing everybody a wonderful day!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chipapi For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-19-2024),inuvik (02-19-2024),MetroMPG (02-20-2024),mitsumi (03-29-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Hello Chipapi - Welcome aboard. You're English is quite good. My Pilipino language is non-existent!

Instead of getting an EV, new Mirages remain a better TCO option. At least for now. Always hearing scuttlebutt about ending their production. Look forward to hearing more from you!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, maybe consider swapping over the latest style(2021+) body parts onto your car. Everything should bolt up (fenders, hood, bumpers, lights etc...).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Hello & welcome, Chipapi!

Glad to have you here amongst us old-school forum users.

Forums are still the best way to build a good resource for our favourite little car.

What's the status of miragepilipinas? It was a monster forum at one point!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)