Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Mirage to be replaced in North America by a crossover

A small pickup or small work van. There is no more small vans around. Nissan killed the Nv200 a few years ago, ford killed the transit connect last year, same with the promaster city. That leaves a hole for people who don't want to/can't justify spending 70k on a sprinter, transit or promaster that aren't as good on fuel anyways.

Same goes for pickup trucks used for actual work. It's nearly impossible to find a truck with a bed longer than 6.5', harder yet to find one with a regular cab.

For joe-blows that want a do a bit of everything vehicle, I think a little truck like the Maverick would suit me fine. Make it get 40mpg and have selectable 4x4. That's where I think the Maverick fails(besides being the F word). The hybrid only comes(or at least when I looked last) in fwd and to get 4wd you have to get the eco pooh that appears to get an average of 24mpg(Based on data from 25 2022 2.0L vehicles, 990 fuel-ups and 312,336 miles of driving, the 2022 Ford Maverick gets a combined Avg MPG of 24.39 with a 0.30 MPG margin of error.) I might as well save 45k and drive my goofball minivan then blow the savings on fuel, hookers and blow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-23-2024),inuvik (02-22-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    blow the savings on fuel, hookers and blow.
    A wise investment my friend. Don't forget the blackjack.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-23-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just don’t get it. If Mitsu Mot has not been doing well financially, why would they even add more dealerships in the US? Maybe for this location cost them very little https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/am...-great-product

I guess the Outlander (PHEV) is their most profitable product; not the Mirage?

Blue race car spotted.

And I wish they offer cash incentives like loyalty, 0-3%% APR from Ally, rebates like the good old days. All they have for the Mirage currently for example is nada except $500 military discount. If I remember correctly, fall 2021 was the last time it had a discount. Nothing ever since. I joined this forum in August 21’ and got my 1st G4 7 months later.

Last edited by defensivetackle99; 02-23-2024 at 05:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.3 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.0 mpg (Imp)