Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a Yellow SE in the states - unicorn ?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Trying to find a Yellow SE in the states - unicorn ?

Hello, like the title says trying to find a 2024 Yellow SE here in the states, actually two, one for myself and one for my son, but sure seems that they are unicorns, not sure why there are so many base models and virtually no SE's - the base is just to base for me. My 1988 Volvo has heated seats, and I will not buy anything without them. But the Volvo is old and I want something new.

Has anyone heard here that dealers cannot order a car, they have to take what they are allocated? Sure seems like Mitsubishi does not want to sell cars. I find it odd. Unfortuantly there is no alternative in the states for a relativly cheap hatchback car.

Any insites to share other than good luck?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanlyr View Post
    Hello, like the title says trying to find a 2024 Yellow SE here in the states, actually two, one for myself and one for my son, but sure seems that they are unicorns, not sure why there are so many base models and virtually no SE's - the base is just to base for me. My 1988 Volvo has heated seats, and I will not buy anything without them. But the Volvo is old and I want something new.

Has anyone heard here that dealers cannot order a car, they have to take what they are allocated? Sure seems like Mitsubishi does not want to sell cars. I find it odd. Unfortuantly there is no alternative in the states for a relativly cheap hatchback car.

Any insites to share other than good luck?
    After talking to Richard Herod III of White Bear Mitsubishi over the phone, I instantly realized his access to what's out there is much greater than anything you or I could look at. That was quite some time ago, however, when he was just the general manager of WBM. Today, he's the owner/gm of WBM.

I can't speak on today's available inventory. I can only share my experience with Richard. I talked to him on a Tuesday. He found my first color choice (2017 ES manual) & emailed me a quote within an hour. He got my Mirage from another dealership & had it delivered to my home in Wisconsin that same week on Saturday morning. They arrived with the car around my work schedule. Since I didn't qualify for any of the three $500 rebates, I ended up paying 10,153.73 OTD. He sent a salesman (Randy Koppa) to deliver my car, & we did the paperwork on my kitchen table. Obviously, times have changed along with pricing. I am just sharing my WBM experience with you!

Another forum member had the newly updated 2021 ES manual in yellow delivered to his home in North Carolina for $10,400 OTD from WBM. That was early 2021 before the discounts & rebates disappeared. I miss seeing those deals today!

Richard would be able to tell you if a 2023-24 yellow SE exists. A 2023 SE would be the exact same car. I wouldn't balk over that.

Unless his contacts have changed, Richard's email & cell phone number are below -

richardherod3@gmail.com

Richard Herod III
    White Bear Mitsubishi GM
    #1 Mitsubishi Dealer in the Midwest!
    (651) 204-4777

Out of courtesy, I wouldn't call/text Richard's personal cell phone number on a weekend or the evenings.

If you aren't familiar with WBM & Richard, you can meet him below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iAfK4sDHuk
    Last edited by Mark; 02-24-2024 at 06:05 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-25-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, this great info. I will email first!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, this great info. I will email first!
    Per cars.com there are currently seven in the country. Link below is one of them.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6...ff=share_other

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you can't order one....are you willing to shop out of state and drive it back? Probably the cheapest way.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Per cars.com there are currently seven in the country. Link below is one of them.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/6...ff=share_other
    Thank you to, I am glad I joined and posted, I looked at the Mitsu websire, autotrader, individual dealers - didn't think of cars.com.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Thank you to, I am glad I joined and posted, I looked at the Mitsu websire, autotrader, individual dealers - didn't think of cars.com.
    I use cars.com the most. Mostly because I like their format. You are still at the mercy of the dealerships that used the site, & those who do not.

My Mirage was sitting at a dealership that didn't use cars.com or autotrader.com, but Richard of WBM was aware of it. The first time I called him on his cell phone, I could tell he was looking at Mirages I never saw on other sites. As we are talking he's asking what are your top 3 color choices. It was October, & he was sold out of the 2017 Mirages. He had been selling the 2017 ES manuals for $7,500-9,500 most that year. The 2018 Mirages were already on his lot. The fact that I wanted a discounted 2017 didn't phase him a bit.

Richard is a good starting point, even if you end up buying elsewhere.

I will never set foot in a dealership unless I know their OTD (out-the-door) price first. I test drove a 2018 Mirage ES manual locally. I knew they wanted $13,800 OTD before I arrived there. That really ticked them off, but I didn't care. It was a huge red flag, too! A couple years later, the Wisconsin DOT shut my local Mitsubishi dealership down for illegal business practices. Since it was the peak COVID, not many noticed. It caused new owners to take over shortly after that.

My point - make them work to get you there. You seem to know specifically what you want. You're not just window shopping. Demanding their OTD price should never be an issue. I saved about $3,800 on my Mirage by shopping from home. The difference in price today is not going to be that drastic, but it's easier to eliminate unnecessary charges up front in my opinion. Unless you like paying extra for overpriced add on items.

P.S.- I wish my dad would buy me a brand new car with heated seats!

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You came to the right place for the info you needed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bought a red SE today, will tide me over until a local yellow SE shows up, then this one will go to my son. So still looking for the unicorn locally, getting one out of Texas turned out to be just to expensive. Dealership is getting a yellow LE soon, but I will hold out as the extras on the SE are IMO worth the money.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dmanlyr For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-28-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bought a red SE today, will tide me over until a local yellow SE shows up, then this one will go to my son. So still looking for the unicorn locally, getting one out of Texas turned out to be just to expensive. Dealership is getting a yellow LE soon, but I will hold out as the extras on the SE are IMO worth the money.
    Awesome. Now let me ask you this: what your opinion on this Mirage?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/a...ff=share_other

There are only 3 left for that specific trim in the country, per Car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)